Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re-registration

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
March 13, 2008 02:23PM
if they don't sort something out for this year you should hit the newspapers...
Anonymous User
Re: re-registration
March 13, 2008 02:32PM
like that will help
March 13, 2008 02:35PM
maybe not your particular case, but in some sense it's perhaps the right thing to do?
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 02:40PM
thats what I mean, you write a letter to the newspapers - you will get a 3 cm blip in the editorial page UNLESS you happen to know someone who can get stuff closer to page 3 of the papers.

How many people haven't complained to hello peter - I think unisa has flat out ignored all comments there.

they don't even bother reading *this* forum...
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 03:08PM
Doesnt MyUnisa have some feedback section. Maybe you guys must respond there telling them how much they suck. If enough of you do it, maybe the message might sink in.
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 03:15PM
there is a query thing/ contact us page - where you can now type in your query - but so far I haven't had any response from the queries I have entered there
March 13, 2008 03:17PM
Sorry - last time (2007) I DID register through the web - Actually it worked very well. Can any one out there here us - particularly international students - the ONLY reason why I chose UNISA is because it is Distance learning AND most work - I was told - is done online.

Does anyone know of another (better) distance education other than UNISA ?
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 03:20PM
in south africa - not that I know of. there are a lot of international ones but then you will probably have to pay in euros or dollars or pounds
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 03:43PM
any suggestions for honours subjects I can take - I was just politely informed by the lecturer that I am not allowed to do cos452 because I didn't do cos351 - although I have a strange feeling that the admin section is going to go ahead and actually register me for the subject.....
March 13, 2008 04:16PM
Quoting Celene "In my original email I stated quite clearly that I had only received my exam results on 10 March. "

So they changed their own rules coz in that brochure -if it is same as one on web - it clearly states that for Post Grad, Hons Masters etc who did exam Jan Feb the registration is opened

.... AND did they change the rule of the game - last year I did register through the WEB AFTER receiving my results - Sorry I hope this is not incopetence of SA universities across board
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 04:19PM
Its probably caused by a new techie who pressed the little red button that had "Do not press this button" written next to it tongue sticking out smiley
March 13, 2008 04:31PM
Just sent an email through myUnisa - hope it will be answeredsmoking smiley
Anonymous User
March 14, 2008 09:40AM
I think I have send 5 emails since 11 march....
March 14, 2008 11:13AM
Tried to phone in and complain, the woman who answered says "hold on" and then hangs up...
Typical

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
March 14, 2008 11:22AM
goddamn bureaucracy

--
March 14, 2008 11:23AM
Those who can afford a local call please tell these myUnisa guys that an international student (no. 41227220) is suffering - need to register by credit card.
March 14, 2008 11:31AM
malcolm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tried to phone in and complain, the woman who
> answered says "hold on" and then hangs up...

smiling bouncing smiley
Anonymous User
March 14, 2008 11:36AM
the credit card facilties are still working - you can't register but you can pay. I apid a whole bunvh of money to them on 12 and 13 march for my remark and reg fees so at least I know stuff can't be postponed because I haven't paid.

Just go to the normal registration page and click on the payment side. Also, in theory you can stil laccess myunisa - so just go to he financial details section there and pay.
March 14, 2008 11:41AM
A bright idea came to me -thanks Celene - I will try to pay by credit card then register through DHL courier. Hope this will do the trick.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 14, 2008 11:48AM
And then they wonder why people go crazy and blow things up :/

--
March 14, 2008 12:04PM
Yes, I'm going to blow up the Tshwane license office
March 14, 2008 12:14PM
Let me know if you want help making the explosives smiling smiley

--
March 14, 2008 01:40PM
How long did it take your credit card payment to show up?

--
Anonymous User
March 14, 2008 02:03PM
I paid it inthe morning of 1 day and half way through the next day I got the email etc.

at least that section works........
March 14, 2008 02:48PM
Okay i guess mine will go through on monday then.

Quite annoyed because the one subject that I failed with 38% was the one where they changed an assignment from optional to "This assignment will count 100% of your year mark if you get >70 for it you get 100%" and only sent me the letter telling me about this change a few days after the deadline. (And the lecturer refused to help me when I contacted her about this)
This means that I actually should have got 48% for the subject, which is almost a pass sad smiley

--
March 14, 2008 03:13PM
Just paid for 5 modules - waiting for confirmation - Thanks to Celene for giving me this hint - now will use DHL for the form then - hopefully am done with registration !
Anonymous User
March 14, 2008 03:27PM
even though you piad, you still might not be registered. unisa is siting with R2500 of my money.. I am sitting here getting annoyed. Cut of date for remarks is next thursday...
Anonymous User
March 14, 2008 04:16PM
do you think if I send 10 emailsan hour to the remark and generla query section of unisa that they will just permanently delete me from their systems or actually reply to me.

I think the button with the following description was in their admin consoles:

This button allows the user to regress or to go back to a former state.
March 15, 2008 09:08AM
kbwanga .. send your registration and proof of payment by fax to the fax number on the form. I sent mine like that and when I phoned they said they got it and they are registering. If this is not an option for you scan your form and email it to me I will fax it for you and then phone to confirm receipt. Courier sounds so expensive.

I can also see my 5.2 grand in My UNISA but no modules yet. I have assignments due 1 May. I cant order my textbooks because one of them is a management book and I cant know what it is before I register the module. My sponsor will only issue one payment for the books.
March 17, 2008 01:07AM
O dear, I am just as screwed.

I'm currently sitting in london, I don't have the luxury of just trooping down to the local unisa office to register - it's web registration or nothing.

Am I just imagining this or is UNISA actually getting worse and worse every year?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login