Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re-registration

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
March 25, 2008 01:17PM
I am even taking an extra subject this year, so that if something goes funny with one of my exams I can still finish degree and not worry about it..

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
Re: re-registration
March 25, 2008 04:39PM
Celene, Malcolm, Tracey, Tasha, Bini - Please assist those of us who can't phone or fax UNISA because of exorbitant costs for international calls - I work in Addis Ababa and cant make direct contact with UNISA. Now that the web reg seems a sealed case, please could you ask on my behalf what's happening to the faxed registration (Courtesy of Tasha) of student 41227220 ? Celene says that we have about two weeks and ALL will be closed !

.... AND what/ who is Hellopeter ?
March 25, 2008 05:03PM

.... AND what/ who is Hellopeter ?

HelloPeter is a website on which people can complain about poor customer service from companies.
I recommend going there and registering it and making a complaint.
www.hellopeter.com

--
March 25, 2008 05:21PM
Thanks Malcom. Am now registering at Hellopeter to complain about my registration woes.
March 26, 2008 06:32AM
hellopeter is great....I had issues with ABSA and FNB, and couldnt get anywhere with them for weeks....I listed them and the issues were resolved the next day. Absa has a dedicated team just monitoring hellopeter smiling smiley
Anonymous User
March 26, 2008 08:20AM
Hi

they have received your fax but have not processed it yet. they gave me some bs story about heavy workloads.

they now want to penalise me for trying to change my study units, even though I sent them an email trying to change them before I was registered...

turds!
March 26, 2008 10:56AM
Guess what ! I complained to Hellopeter yesterday and today 26.03.2008 I received a mail from the registrar saying that I have been registered ! I just wonder what changed this year - last year it was not this complicated. Maybe my registration is because of Hellopeter , Maybe it is not BUT one thing for sure is that students are NOT supposed to be subjected to this kind of torture in the name of re-registration bureaucracy of UNISA !
March 26, 2008 11:02AM
Definitely because of hellopeter

--
Anonymous User
March 26, 2008 11:12AM
most definitely - I saw your comment smiling smiley quite a few people got registered that way. Now we wait and see if they amend registrations that way as well winking smiley

glad you got your stuff sorted though smiling smiley
March 26, 2008 11:50AM
Thanks so much for the tip, guys - hellopeter just worked for me too - within one day of complaining there I am now registered. I still can't believe this is what is necessary to get *registered* - you'd think they didn't want our money!!!
Anonymous User
March 26, 2008 12:28PM
I saw your message plus their response - smiling smiley
March 26, 2008 01:31PM
i went to unisa in the end... and it worked well! much easier than fax - but it did cost me in time and fuel...
March 26, 2008 04:11PM
did any of you get a phone call from unisa regarding a telephonic survey about the unisa brand?
March 26, 2008 04:24PM
nope
Anonymous User
March 27, 2008 07:32AM
I keep getting a bunch of private numebr calls that I just ignore
March 27, 2008 07:36AM
thats me.......I like what you are wearing today....i will call again later....

*evil laugh*
Anonymous User
March 27, 2008 07:44AM
so.. you think I look nice in a hesian sack? thats so sweet winking smiley
March 27, 2008 08:01AM
I got a call about the Unisa branding. Took out 15 minutes of my day of which for the most stuff I didn't know the answers.
Anonymous User
March 27, 2008 09:22AM
@Malcolm, have they updated your registration yet? I am so fed up now they must just charge me the penalty for cancelling the one module, just as long as they add my other module sad smiley
March 27, 2008 09:26AM
Nope. Still waiting... At this rate I will only be able to get my textbooks once the first assignments are already due

--
Anonymous User
March 28, 2008 09:26AM
I went an manually deregistered for a module yesterday - they very quickly managed to get that sorted out - but I loose almost R500 in the process sad smiley still waiting for my last module to be registered. they not even responding to my hello peter comments sad smiley
March 28, 2008 09:31AM
Maybe I should give in and just go in. I am at least lucky enough to work close enough to unisa to do that.

--
March 28, 2008 09:39AM
just had a lightbulb go on

since there are postgrad students getting these messages, you guys should write a letter saying what troubles you've been having just to register and give your names. malcolm could print it and give it to someone smiling smiley
Anonymous User
March 28, 2008 09:54AM
Dear Registrar

My fellow re-registering post grad students and I would like to let you know that your entire department is a bunch of incompetent turds. It is your fault that the numbers of post grad registrations are dropping drastically. I hope you never have to register yourself for any post grad subjects.

You are as bad as telkom, eskom and any other state institute.

Get your heads out your butts and catch a wake up!

Regards
*Add name here*
March 28, 2008 09:56AM
lol

--
March 28, 2008 09:58AM
exactly! you'll have to reword it and use euphemisms etc, but the sentiment is clearly there.

well, i dunno how many names you'll get by whenever, so probably it won't happen. which could be why they get away with it sad smiley
March 28, 2008 09:59AM
I want to still complete my honours not get kicked out tongue sticking out smiley

--
Anonymous User
March 28, 2008 10:00AM
reword it? is it polite to put "fck off and die" in a letter?
March 31, 2008 09:24AM
Joy, one hello peter complaint later and I am finally registered.
Now to get textbooks etc..

--
Anonymous User
March 31, 2008 09:48AM
congratulations smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login