Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re-registration

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
re-registration
March 11, 2008 11:45AM
okay, for all of us sad people who did fail and need to re-register -any idea how we can dothat seeign as they have blocked the web page???
March 11, 2008 11:54AM
Who blocked what webpage?
myunisa seems to be working fine for me.

Oh wait I take that back

Application for study unit additions is now officially closed.
Nice one UNISA :/

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
Anonymous User
Re: re-registration
March 11, 2008 12:32PM
yeah.. on myunisa I can only see "edit registration", i get a message saying I am not registered for anything (although cos419 still shows up), it then gives me the reg link, I go there and get message saying registration is closed.

did anyone manage to get resutls on 0831234? or do you also get a message saying there are no results?
March 11, 2008 12:37PM
Just tried it now, seems to work for mine

--
Anonymous User
March 11, 2008 12:56PM
edit reg or first time regi?
March 11, 2008 01:01PM
No 0831234 :/
The registration is still as broken as ever. (Obviously us postgrads aren't important enough to need services such as online registration or something :/)

--
Anonymous User
March 11, 2008 01:08PM
yeah.. we should have passed first time round sad smiley
March 11, 2008 01:42PM
i complained last time round... but it happened again... because "standard" registration has closed. lovely.
Anonymous User
March 11, 2008 01:48PM
yerp.. I just phoned them, we have to register by fax or in person... how did you do it last time? where do we fax to and what do we fax?
Anonymous User
March 11, 2008 04:32PM
does anyone know the magic fax number we are supposed to use. I downloaded the reg form and the PA lady has tried for over an hour to fax the form to the number on the form - nothing happens..
March 11, 2008 04:44PM
oh my god... what a nightmare!
Anonymous User
March 11, 2008 04:49PM
I wonder if they wonder why their student numbers drop so much - not just due to people who fail/drop out, but people who get so fed up with their cr@p admin system that they go running elsewhere - academic emmigration
March 11, 2008 06:03PM
i phoned the registrar - the registrar's assistant said she could put me though to registration...
Anonymous User
March 12, 2008 07:46AM
so.. did you do your registration telephonically?
March 12, 2008 08:03AM
mmmm, now to try decide which of the project topics looks the least boring...

--
Anonymous User
March 12, 2008 08:23AM
none of them winking smiley
March 12, 2008 08:26AM
lol, I have already registered for it so will have to do one (Plus based on my recent exam history the less modules I have to do exams for the better tongue sticking out smiley)

--
Anonymous User
March 12, 2008 08:36AM
March 12, 2008 08:40AM
The only two that look like they could be remotely interesting are:
1/Intelligent agents.
2/Mobile agents and grid computing.

But 1 is incredibly vague about what would be required and 2 focuses far too much on reporting and not enough on implementing, I would love to do 2 if I could implement it rather then doing a "literature survey" :/

--
Anonymous User
March 12, 2008 09:04AM
I did mobile agents and grid computing project this last year - veeery literature survey oriented sad smiley What annoyed me a bit was you have 4 assignments, they tell you the first 2 count 20% of your final mark - cool. Then 3rd assignment is a draft of final report. On my feedback I got a message saying I would get between 60 and 70 for my effort - cool. Now seeing as I had 15/20 for my year mark and my final mark was only 60... what went wrong?
March 12, 2008 09:11AM
How much work was it?

--
Anonymous User
March 12, 2008 09:18AM
initially I worked quite a lot - out of choice , then after waiting for forever to get assignment 2 back - because assignment section doesn't bother forwarding the assignments to lecturers and I think the lecturers were on leave/got sick, I kinda got fed up and did a very lazy atempt at the final draft (assignment 3).

They basically give you the info for the first assignment, you just have to read a few documents and summarise the stuff. REst involves findign references on line etc. Its really not that bad though.
March 12, 2008 04:39PM
celene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> does anyone know the magic fax number we are
> supposed to use. I downloaded the reg form and
> the PA lady has tried for over an hour to fax the
> form to the number on the form - nothing happens..

How did you register in the end Celine. I phoned and they said I would have to come. I faxed and it went through. How do I know its processed now? This is a nightmare.
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 08:14AM
i managed to get a form faxed off yesterday. they also told me to go and register in person - i can't. I will wait till tomorrow and then start bugging them by phone
March 13, 2008 08:15AM
Where did you get the form from? I should make an effort to register as well i guess :/

--
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 08:31AM
there is a section with downloadable documents - I found it in there...

let me get the link and I will post it
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 08:37AM
http://www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=17552

I thought you had already registered? Cause if you had then you can maybe go and edit registrations still...
March 13, 2008 08:39AM
I did already register.
"Editing of registrations is no longer available"

--
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 08:48AM
thats ludicrous!!!! why don't they have a flag on their system that says
"this poor schmuck is post grad and couldn't register until now"

I know last year I registered for some subjects before the cut off date and then could still change details after results came out. they shold have made post grad cut off date the end of this week or soemthing - at least give us a chance!
Anonymous User
March 13, 2008 02:21PM
on tuesday I sent an email to unisa asking how I am supposed to register seeing as they have blocked the online web reg page. today they send me the info brochure and ask me to look at the closing dates for registrations. In my original email I stated quite clearly that I had only received my exam results on 10 March.

Why can unisa not hire people who can read and understand english. If they wish to be a world class internationally accepted university they need to at least be able to understand english. Or they must inform me in which of the 11 official languages I need to write to them in so that I can get the info and assistance I require sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login