Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practical

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Practical
October 31, 2006 05:49PM
Thanks Mac.
October 31, 2006 11:06PM
Hi Mac,

On making a payment from my site .../mac/ecom/03/catalog/login.php all went well but it was confusing in that I was asked twice to enter credit card details.

I had to select an option of Credit Card or Pricetag and was not sure which to choose so tried them both.

What are these options for?

I was redirected to the payment page where I had to put the credit card details in yet again. I received a positive confirmation that the payment was successful but I did not receive any confirmation emails and when checking the reports/products purchased and customer orders there was no indication of any purchases?

Do you have any idea where I have gone wrong?

Regards,

Mackgray.
October 31, 2006 11:18PM
Hi Mac,

Also one point I forgot to mention is that after making my payment I was not redirected back to my site...as I am sure I should be? Any ideas? Please advise on how I set that up. Has that got something to do with the return URL's for response codes that we had to configure earlier and which we were told to leave out for now?

I also used real credit card info, was I suppossed to use dummy info? The first time I tried to enter dummy info it would not accept on the first instance of having to enter the info, but on the payment page itself it did accept dummy info. I hope my credit card details are safe!! On that note, in a real life transaction, would Pricetag keep the credit card info or would it be discarded once the card info had been verified by the issueing bank?

What is the legal status for keeping customer credit card info when making online purchases of this nature? The short version will do smile

Cheers,

Mackgray.
November 01, 2006 09:30AM
Hi Mac,

Just to let you know I received the payment confirmation emails this morning.

Regards,

Mackgray
November 02, 2006 10:36PM
Hi Mac,

I have a couple of queries that I still need answers on please, see above.

As mentioned I did receive the confirmation emails. Am I correct in assuming that this completes the practical element of the course? Please confirm.

Many thanks,

Mackgray.
Mac
November 03, 2006 07:38AM
I was away for 3 days....

Check your payment module configuration for the answer. Use dummy cc information -but it is a safe connection (https) so your details should be safe. The return page you cannot configure - it needs to be hardcoded into the software. It maybe because they have changed things on their side, I'll have to check.

The ecdr02.pdf covers the legal issues of keep cc information. One reason why using pricetag is nice is that the responsibilties as set out in this doc lies with them. Basically your server with this info should be in a safe!

If everything is working (except maybe the return page) then its your decision to decide when to stop. Remember that I would like to see a working site, i.e. you cannot have a category with nothing in it..
November 03, 2006 11:54AM
Hi Mac,

Thanks for that. Is it ok to ask for an extension so that I can get more content on the site. I know the deadline was on Tuesday 31st so I thought it was too late?

It takes time to get the images as I am not a graphic designer. I am not making excuses, I know we have had plenty of time, but as mentioned in previous emails, I am trying to balance work with this course amongst other things. I will totally understand if it is too late, I do not want to abuse the deadlines.

Thanks,

Mackhray.
Mac
November 03, 2006 03:43PM
Carry on until you can't get to the site anymore. I will propably stop it sometime next week when the person wanting the marks captured kicks my door down.... You don't have to design your own header (shop) graphics for the purposes of this prac - there's loads available on a Google image search if you want to change it. I'm more interested in you understanding how a shopping cart works. If you've got that under the knee, the it is mission accomplished. So I will have to deduct 10 marks for telling you about the payment module configuration smiling smiley Joke - if I gave you the answer, then I can't since everyine else will have the benefit. Not that too many people seems to be working on the shopping cart. Just you and me.
November 04, 2006 12:57PM
Ok thanks alot Mac. smile
November 07, 2006 12:27PM
Edited... Send you an email.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login