Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practical

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Practical
September 18, 2006 12:44PM
As luck would have it, I cannot access my files due to network problems. I'll post the tut letter for the prac as soon as I can access my files!
Mac
Re: Practical
September 19, 2006 09:39AM
The prac is now available for download.
October 04, 2006 11:24AM
Hi Mac,

How much time roughly should I allocate myself to implement the site (prac)?

Cheers,

Mackgray.
Mac
October 05, 2006 06:46PM
Give it at least a month - but is depends on your access speed to the I'net, and the amount of time you're prepared to spend online. Also keep in mind that since PriceTag is doingv us a favour, ou can't expect 2 hours service.
October 08, 2006 03:11PM
Hi Mac,

I tried to go here --> http://www.pricetag.co.za/apply/apply1.asp to apply for a merchant ID but the link did not work. Looked on the site and could not see any obvious places whereby I could apply for a merchant ID. Please can you pint me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mackgray.
October 08, 2006 03:40PM
Hi Mac,

Can you please confirm that the prac tutorial file name is "tut103_sem2_prac_2006.pdf". In that same document, i.e. ""tut103_sem2_prac_2006.pdf", it refers to "STEP 6" which says "Read the prac_documentation.pdf file" which file I cannot find anywhere. Please clarify, is it the same document or not and if not where do I locate the correct one as I have looked on the forum download section of the site and cannot see it?

Thanks,

Mackgray.
Mac
October 08, 2006 04:49PM
prac documentation file - it's there now.

It looks like PriceTag has done some changes - continue with the other parts of the prac - I'll have to contact them again to find out what has changed exactly. They help us, so we just have to live with thir changes which can come at any time.

I'll post changes here.
October 09, 2006 12:56PM
Hi Mac,

I still do not see "prac_documentation.pdf file" but I do see "tut103_sem2_prac_2006.pdf". Is this one and the same file?

Thanks,

Mackgray
October 09, 2006 12:58PM
Hi Mac,

I took the liberty of registering and received the following;

After registration (This you have completed) a merchant Id will be created for you, and the required technical information sent to you.

Note that you are under no obligation to PriceTag until such time as you decide that the gateway will be of use to your business.

I'm not sure now what to tell them as I do not want to create a real merchant account.

I will await your feedback on this issue.

Thanks,

Mackgray.
Mac
October 10, 2006 08:47AM
prac_documentation.pdf is there?????? That deals with the shopping cart - the tut letter deals with prac overall.

No, don't worry about them creating a live merchant account for you. Even if you were to have a live account that authorises real payment, they provide you with a test phase to make sure everything works. That is where we fit in. You did register as a Unisa ITEC student (as per the prac?)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login