Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practical

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Practical
October 15, 2006 04:33PM
Hi Mac,

I had this site working and successfully made all the configuration changes according to the totorial letter. I received no errors and was able to view the site, that was last weekend. Now when I try to go to http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/mac/ecom/03/catalog/ I am receiving the following error message.

Please can you advise what I am doing wrong, I had put time aside today to sort the catalog out and now I am unable to.

Error

1046 - No database selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Regards,

Mackgray.
October 15, 2006 04:36PM
Hi Mac,

Thanks...found the prac doc. I still have not received a merchant ID from Price Tag. I registered as an ITEC Student and received my login credentials but no merchant ID as yet. I have created a support ticket but was wondering if you received any more news on the changes in procedure regarding the process for attaining this Merchant ID?

Cheers,

Mackgray.
October 15, 2006 10:13PM
Hi,

I modified the files that needed to be for the practical. But when I went back to my site location , I received the following message:

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Please, can you help?

Paule
October 20, 2006 11:53AM
Hi Mac,

I still need an answer please to some of my questions I have posted. I am specifically referring to the same problem that Paule is having, i.e.

Error

[TEP STOP]

Please I need to get this resolved as I am unable to continue and yet another week has gone by now.

I have managed to obtain my Merchant ID but am having problems logging in to the payment area. I will address that issue with Pricetag directly but if you could assist with this particular problem I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Mackgray.
Mac
October 20, 2006 12:36PM
No news yet from PriceTag. Guess they're busy - but this part is only 5% of the prac and they're helping us, so i don't want to push it.

Somehow I was not informed about your previous posts - sorry - got todays one(20th).

Fixed the error - the person that created the db's added an 0 as in oscom03 whereas the tut letter said to leave it out. Recreated the db's, so all is ok now.
October 20, 2006 05:26PM
Thanks Mac,

I see it is sorted out now. With regards to PriceTag the procedure is to register as per the PriceTag site using the ITEC Student credentials as per the tutorial and they will email a verification code. Once that has been done they send the Merchant ID a few days later and an Integration Document.

Thanks again,

Mackgray.
Mac
October 21, 2006 06:09PM
Thanks for letting us know about the procedure.

The interration document, of course, you don't have to worry about since PriceTag is already build into the cart that we use. You only have to activate it. I see they no provide an alternative method, will have to look at it.

Which means that you can use this very cart you're using in this prac to run a real ecomsite after the course. Ask for the software and I'll give it to you, but no support. Ok, a pointer here and there if you promise to share your first million!
October 31, 2006 01:54PM
Hi Mac,

Yes please I'll have the software...no promises though about sharing any millions smile

Cheers,

Mackgray.
October 31, 2006 01:56PM
Hi Mac,

Once we have changed the details in the Admin section of OsCommerce, should it not then display the name of my company as per the details that have been changed in that section? i.e. I expected to see the name of my company and not OsCommerce.

Cheers,

Mackgray.
Mac
October 31, 2006 03:10PM
No, that is an image that you can replace with your own image. It is in the folder http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/mac/ecom/your_site/catalog/images/ and is named oscommerce.gif. If you right click the image and view its properties you can get its size (204x50) if you want to create the exact size logo. Name your image oscommerce.gif and upload with the filemanager to the images directory, overwriting the current one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login