Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ass2 results

Posted by Mariusvn 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Ass2 results
July 20, 2006 10:10AM
What is the deal - tell us after the assignment was handed in that we cant use guttenplan's methods? I just got 0 admission credits for assignment 2 and I am not happy. I got a distinction in formal logic 1 - a little better communication would be appreciated.
July 21, 2006 10:03PM
I also got nasty comments because I used Guttenplan's layout instead of the Fitch layout - I even lost marks.

Why does the department change format so easily. Surely, if it was acceptible last year, it will be acceptible this year as well.

I've actually found this year rather disappointing. I got in the 80s last year as well and until chapter 9, there really hasn't been anything new we've learnt since last year (except a slight increase in difficulty in the problems). The textbook seems more of a software manual than a teaching aid. I also find it a bit condecending at times.

The main thing I dislike about this year is that there are NO SOLUTIONS ANYWHERE. I've been going back to Guttenplan's exercises to get in some practice since he's got solutions in his textbook and, in the chapters we didn't do last year, there's a slightly different explanation on the quantifier sections.

LPL is by far the most expensive textbook I've bought so far (over R650) and Gutenplan was the cheapest (in the R200s) and yet I've learnt more from Guttenplan than from LPL. Come on lecturers, where's the logic in that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login