Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Step 4 of the Portfolio - New Page?

Posted by 37081888 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Step 4 of the Portfolio - New Page?
October 13, 2013 11:50AM
Hi guys

Just want to find out how do you echo the results of the operation in step 4 to a new page named OOP_properties.php? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.
avatar Re: Step 4 of the Portfolio - New Page?
October 15, 2013 11:01AM
Mac??? Anyone???
Re: Step 4 of the Portfolio - New Page?
October 15, 2013 07:38PM
not sure what you are asking?
are you asking how to echo something....? (ok, I doubt it, but that is what it sounds like)
are you asking how to get a objects property? (hope not, you should have read chapt 7 & 8, or at least googled it)
are you are asking how to get the class from a diff page to this page...? (same as you get any php from one page to another... include it)

these are all pretty simple
if you have not already read chapter 7 and 8, it shows you how to create a class with properties and how to instantiate a class (or create an object from the class)

if you already know this... just echo the properties

are you asking how to format the result when echoing it...?
go read up on html.... center, bold and italics

(a 5 sec google search will bring up W3 schools showing you exactly how to do all of above actually)
if I have not covered anything please be more clear as to your question,
Step 4 was not a trick question, its very straight forward
October 15, 2013 08:32PM
Thanks for replying. I actually thought the question was clear enough since I mentioned step 4 in the tut letter...

This is what step 4 requires (copy and paste from the tut letter 102):
Step 4: Echo the results on a page named OOP_properties.php so that is reproduces the following paragraph (note the boldface, paragraphs, italics, heading 2, centered in the web page. You can use any font.)

I'm asking how do you echo the results from the previous steps to a new page as required in the question above?
October 15, 2013 09:44PM
37081888 - i also don't get what u want............... cause step 1 --3 u create a class and object then u set values to ur object......... then on a page OOP_properties.php display the result of ur objects

Some properties of the car:
The ix35's manufacturer is Hyundai.
The ix35's color is Bronze.
October 16, 2013 07:21AM
@37081888 - The Question in Step 4 is straight forward,
so this is why your question makes no sense....
I cannot add anything more to the question in step 4 without knowing where your problem lies...

is it with understanding the question or answering it....

if its answering it, then you did not read chapter 7 or 8 and did not try google OOP programming in PHP
like I said this is straight forward question and a straight forward answer, so try find something on youtube if you dont understand OOP.
(did you do Python last year/semester?)
do you know the difference between a class and an object?

I want to help but dont really understand your problem (please dont repeat step 4 I have a tutorial letter and have seen it)
currently it sounds like you want me to show you the code how to do it....
(that is cheating and shows you dont understand it, is beter to learn then have someone else do it for you)
October 16, 2013 10:29AM
Problem solved... It was understanding the question, lol... thanks for your efforts.

To answer your other questions:

1. Yes, I completed Python and yes I do understand what a class and an object is (that sounded like a trick question...)
2. No, I'm not asking you for code (I'm not keen on copying a fellow student's code) in fact I've already coded steps 1 - 5 correctly (I just need to format the paragraphs).

The initial question didn't mention anything about classes, methods or objects...

Both Google and YouTube are my friends although I haven't needed to consult them for this leg of the portfolio yet spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 16, 2013 03:10PM
@37081888 - Good to hear you solved the prob...
sorry man didn't mean to take a stab at you...

I just couldn't understand what the confusion was about, but I am glad you solved whatever your problem was.
good luck with rest of portfolio, hope you ace it
October 16, 2013 05:30PM
Np man, misunderstandings happen, no harm done, lol... I feel bad for over-thinking the question itself, haha...

Something tells me I may need your help with more complicated stuff on the later steps - will contact you if I do.

Arigato (thank you)!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login