Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment enhancement (jQuery, CSS, JavaScript)?

Posted by cmpWizard 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Assignment enhancement (jQuery, CSS, JavaScript)?
August 21, 2013 07:09AM
I would love to get maximum marks for both my assignment and portfolio. So I was wondering will any addition of other languages have a positive impact on my marks for my work or we just have to do what we have to do. I was also wondering how are the marks allocated, is it based on the coding, the presentation or the website just has to function. I mean if I have a working calculator page do I get maximum marks or the mark is benchmark with the best work submitted?

Special Star
Mac
Re: Assignment enhancement (jQuery, CSS, JavaScript)?
August 21, 2013 08:49AM
It must work firstly (regardless the presentation). Then we look at your PHP code and your logic. There is no one correct way to write code as logic differs, so if you want to add more it is just another approach which is not necessarily "more correct" than someone else's. So that it works is more important than anything else and achieving full marks is quite possible. Buthaving just one line of code incorrect will have a devastating effect on the mark as no-one will pay you money for an app that does not work.

That said, you should not stop at the minimum if you can add more. It is not about passing the module, it is about doing our best, so go for it!
avatar Re: Assignment enhancement (jQuery, CSS, JavaScript)?
August 21, 2013 10:43AM
Cool let me try and get 100%. Thanks Mac
August 21, 2013 02:49PM
Hey Mac, should all the code on the page be written in PHP? I mean should we include all HTML code as PHP strings or should we include our PHP in HTML?
Mac
August 21, 2013 03:21PM
Answered elsewhere smiling smiley
August 21, 2013 03:55PM
Answered elsewhere? Where might that be? *Thinking* Can you give me a clue and I will go seek the answer. How old is the forum post that contains the answer? eye rolling smiley
Mac
August 22, 2013 07:52AM
Maybe it was ICT2613... I can't keep track.... there is no specification for this, so you do it the way you want to.
August 22, 2013 06:59PM
Oh ok thanks! I find HTML inside PHP much neater then vice verse, that's how I have done it anyway. I just wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing.
August 22, 2013 07:45PM
Hey Mac, I have another question. Is it fine if I take all my jQuery coding and put it on a separate file then include it on the pages that need it because my coding is getting longer and increasingly complex. So I was wondering if I can do that so that it will be much easier for anyone who will be reading my code.
Mac
August 23, 2013 08:19AM
That is the correct way to go yes
August 23, 2013 08:59AM
Ok cool, I am almost done with my assignment. Ok Mac I think I have another question, I have eliminated the borders on the text boxes used for input except for the bottom border. On other browsers the placeholder attribute is supported so the user will be able to see where to enter the data because the placeholder attribute could be "Enter your first oprand" for instance. However the Internet Explorer is does not support the placeholder attribute, so will I be forgiven for removing the border line and leaving the bottom border only as part of the design? Unless you have some advise for me on how to give over this huddle.
Mac
August 23, 2013 11:08AM
Once again your choice.... we do not mark HTML as such...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login