Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SITE LOGIN REQUIREMENTS

Posted by 46733590 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
SITE LOGIN REQUIREMENTS
October 04, 2013 01:31PM
Hi Mac

I have created a login page and my interpretation was that the user names and passwords in the table would be used to login to the site.
My site now matches user names and passwords in the database.
it was a lot of work to get this to work initially and I was wondering if I would get marked down on this since now I understand that you required a single user name and password.
Essentially I do not have a single administrator (although I could create an admin and only check for his credentials) All users loaded with passwords and usernames can login to the site.

Thank you,
Re: SITE LOGIN REQUIREMENTS
October 05, 2013 08:38PM
Based on the project brief... the only requirement was for 1 single admin:admin account to be able to log in so as to verify that your escalated privileges are limited to only users with access rights.

I know in the example players TABLE there are columns for username and password, I've not seen any use for it thus fur so I have omitted them, my admin account is verified from a separate table altogether...

Mac please comment... thanks
Mac
Re: SITE LOGIN REQUIREMENTS
October 10, 2013 08:32AM
This was answered elsewhere I'm sure. If you want to use a db, then you can do so. I need to login with admin and admin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login