Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Team selection page - required or not?

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Team selection page - required or not?
October 02, 2013 12:33PM
The team selection page is required and important, but if it does not work 100% you cannot fail - if the rest work, of course!

edit/update/delete/list MUST work on the rest of the pages (fixtures/players). If either of these do not work, you will receive a supp because these are the basic functions that you must master. That said, there could be a silly error in one edit page that prevents it from working, but the other edit page is working. We look at your code and base the mark on what your demonstrated skill level is.
Re: Team selection page - required or not?
October 03, 2013 01:06PM
HI Mac, can you give just a hint on how the selection page would work. What I am strugling with is relating the selections and fixtures page together. The main issue is when i create a new fixture, how do I get a record in the selections table with the same fixture_id. They should be the same to relate the two tables right?

My table looks like this:

fixtures:fixture_id(PK, Auto inc.)
selections:selection_id(PK, Auto inc.), fixtures_id(primary and foreign key from fixtures)

edit
INSERT in selections (values)
WHERE fixtures.fixture_id = "variable(which is = to the relevent fixture_id)"
Mac
October 03, 2013 02:46PM
There are some hints on this elsewhere in the forum. e.g. http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?755,180319 but also elsewhere. First work through them. See also here http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?755,182515
October 04, 2013 12:22PM
I have a problem with the insert team selection, it does not list the latest
update of teams on the webpage but in the database the new updates are inserted
and also the edit link on the team selection is displaying that no query was
found off which the update sql clause seems to be correct .
avatar Re: Team selection page - required or not?
October 04, 2013 01:08PM

I have a problem with the insert team selection, it does not list the latest
update of teams on the webpage but in the database the new updates are inserted

You need to query the database again after the insert, and then re-display the page.
October 04, 2013 01:14PM
Hi 49491857_Ashlliegh Murova

Have you tried to insert a header after your code using an if statement?
If your code is successfully executed you refresh your page automatically.
Refreshing would mean that the SQL code is run again and will populate the new details for you to view.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
October 07, 2013 12:47PM
my edit and delete pages dnt work any idea why guyz
October 07, 2013 01:48PM
You will need to post some code.

Are you passing a variable to the edit / delete pages to identify the item to be deleted / edited, and is the variable being correctly interpreted in the target pages ?
October 07, 2013 01:56PM

Have you tried to insert a header after your code using an if statement?
If your code is successfully executed you refresh your page automatically.
Refreshing would mean that the SQL code is run again and will populate the new details for you to view.

There is a big difference between a page "refresh" and "reload".
Refresh runs the same code again - ie: duplicates what happened before, whereas a reload executes the code again from scratch.

If your code is executed successfully, the page is "reloaded", not "refreshed". (Assuming that your form action is the same page).

If you "refresh" the page the same SQL query will be executed again, and you will have duplicate records in your database.
October 08, 2013 09:25AM
Does team_selection have to edit and delete,becous i did that and it works,but my problem is that will i be penelised for adding these two functions
Re: Team selection page?
October 08, 2013 12:27PM
Hi can anyone tell me how to use the insert, delete and edit funtions. Should we also use them in the player registration table or should we only use them in
selection table pnly.
Re: Team selection page?
October 08, 2013 04:31PM
Hi Nathaniel,

From my understanding if you going to do team selection then its obvious you need insert something into the database. The same if you want to delete the team you have selected you will need delete something from the database. I think you need to use the functions insert, delete and edit in all registration and team selection table. However, I am not sure if you also asking about how you need to do the coding for insert, delete and edit functions. If you asking something like that then you need to tell us what you have tried so far or if you need help from scratch then I would advice you to refer to the php book Hmeandlearn.

Thank you

Nyoka
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login