Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marks

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Marks
October 01, 2013 12:34PM
From the requirements

HTML/5 - is all HTML echoed - that would include the HTML header!

CONTENT/5 - all content defined in variables?

ECHOED/5 - and then echoed?

CORRECT/18 - the information 2 marks each

LINK/2 - bottom and centered

NEW WIN/5 - of specified size

READ/5 - can read the PHP code in the window

URL/5 - URL does not have a landing page specified

Just amazing how some people do not bother to read - easier to get code from a buddy?
Re: Marks
October 01, 2013 01:09PM
please help me i worked very hard on my assignment and i received 0 mark i dont know what is wrong cause my site is still working, my url is http://48247723-lubridge.freeoda.com
October 01, 2013 01:11PM
can the lecture please send me his email i want to email my proof of submission
October 01, 2013 01:45PM
Please help Sir, I also submitted my assignment long before the due date, only to receive a 0 mark. I realised this morning that for some reason my site was deleted, I had to recreate my sub domain and re-upload. I have my own server space but I couldn't use it for assignment 1 since the server was interpreting the code in code.txt.
I'm so frustrated, I can also email my proof of submission, I created the same domain as the one I used when submitting. Please Help.
Mac
October 01, 2013 02:27PM
From the submission document

1. Do not submit any assignment or portfolio via myUnisa, nor email it to any lecturer. It will not be marked!
2. If you fail to submit an URL to a working web site, we cannot mark your submission.

Now, you will not have received a zero mark if we did NOT receive your submission. All sites that are unavailable are revisited.

From the submission document

You need to ensure your site is available until you receive your marks. We revisit it at least three times to ensure unavailability is not due to network/server issues.
In an unlikely reason it is cancelled, then you need to inform (email) immediately, and recreate it in the shortest time possible. Do not claim your site has been cancelled or has “suddenly” developed issues after marks are released.

It appears to me some students do not bother to read requirements, which is inherent to programming an Internet site. For example, student 48247723 - my email is on the submission document. It is (should be) in the COSALL. It is on the School webpage. Find it an email me.

Now.

41084829 - read your mylife email that was sent on Thursday!
48247723 - follow the rules and email me your site that is working!
48247723 - follow the rules and email me your site that is working!
October 01, 2013 02:39PM
Just saw my marks, quite happy with the 90%. More than I thought I would get considering the fact that i was rather sure I had misinterpreted some of the instructions. Thanks Mac! Still hoping to give a better effort for the portfolio smiling smiley
October 01, 2013 03:04PM
Will we receive feedback on our assignments in some form to see where we lost marks?
Mac
October 01, 2013 03:30PM
The post here above is a guide. I will post indivudal comments later.
October 01, 2013 03:56PM
hi mac i used the email that i got on the assignment and portfolio procedure and i attached my text file there which inside there's my url, and i also attached a document of proof of my submission to show you that i did submit my assignment on time just don't know what happened. so if the email address that i used is wrong please let me know
October 01, 2013 04:01PM
I am also very happy with my marks. Thanks to my fellow students and Mac that assisted me especially with timezones. Got 80+ and it is boosting my morale.
Mac
October 01, 2013 04:05PM
I will not know if the email is wrong because I have not received it - only you will know.

1. You submitted through Osprey (no other way accepted) You did this.
2. An email was sent to you because your site was down after 3 visits (despite us clearly stating "You need to ensure your site is available until you receive your marks"winking smiley. You have not responded to this email and appears stuck on your original submission.
3. So check your mylife email account and respond accordingly.
October 01, 2013 04:32PM
That's great marks i received and I'm hoping to do better in my portfolio smiling bouncing smileythumbs up smiley
October 01, 2013 04:55PM
i am satisfied with my mark.
i just want to see where i did wrong.
Almost done with my project and hoping to get a better mark.
October 01, 2013 04:56PM
osprey is closed but de email address that i used is computing@unisa.ac.za
Mac
October 01, 2013 05:23PM
48247723 read your submission document. It is straight forward.
October 01, 2013 05:54PM
mac i did read the submission procedure again and it says we should upload our site to the link that there, which was working the first time when i submit which was 6 September and i got an email last week saying we should ensure if our site is available until you receive your marks, then i checked my site and it was not working then i created another site using the same URL as the first one that i submitted which is 48247723-lubridge.freeoda.com , and i checked everyday if the site was still there and it working... so what i want to know is if that if i receive 0 in my assignment do i still submit my portfolio or i failed already...
Mac
October 02, 2013 07:21AM
As per the submission document you are required to email me when you site is down and you recreated. I cannot visit many sites every day to see who is up or not....
October 02, 2013 03:41PM
hi mac how long will it take to get result for assignment 01 i emailed my url yesterday
Mac
October 03, 2013 07:15AM
Please give me a gap? Answering questions like these makes it longer smiling smiley
October 04, 2013 12:23PM
I have got my marks for the assignment and I'm quiet happy about the results (94%). I don't know how I lost that 6% thoughsmile. For those who did not received their marks for an assignment, are you sure that you did send the URL to the lecturer?? cause it is possible that you upload the assignment index into the free web hosting area but failed to send the URL. I feel for you guys
Mac
October 04, 2013 12:25PM
All HTML must be echoed - that includes the header....
October 14, 2013 10:24AM
I have not received a mark although I have a working site and submitted on time as well
http://46397930cs.6te.net/
October 14, 2013 10:17PM
hi mac

i did everything from the requirements but i still didn't get 100%;
October 15, 2013 10:16AM
Really I appreciate you Mr Mac and all the students who support each other. Am just glad, got 94% in assignment 1. Just hoping l will do better with my portfolio!!!!
October 18, 2013 06:46AM
Hi Mr Mac,
I was surprised by my mark for assignment 1 confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley, I submitted on time.
I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong. By the way, I receive 0%
I don't know if I'm still allowing to submit my portfolio?
Thanks for your answer.
http://50502425.6te.net/assignment1.php
Mac
October 18, 2013 02:46PM
0% points at a myUnisa submission and no Osprey upload. As per the submission document we do not accept myUnisa submissions. A zero mark means you can submit portfolio.
October 18, 2013 06:08PM
Dear Mac,

I fail to understand what is it that I did wrong on the ICT2613 assignement to deserve an 18% mark.

I did everything as required and the page is working just fine. As I am doing both ICT2613 & ICT3612

the url http://49912232-mbux.freeoda.com takes you directly to index.html page which has links to

index.php which is coded exactly as required in PHP. So I fail to see where I went wrong to get such a low mark.

I would like to know so that I do not repeat the same mistake when I submit the portfolio. I would like to make corrections.

Please assist.

49912232-mbux
October 18, 2013 06:40PM
Note: This is not a response to your question (Obviously Prof Mac will do that) -

Some unbiased observations on your code -

Code is unnecessarily complicated - lot of code that serves no purpose whatsoever.
Large number of totally unnecessary variables. (Could just echo HTML, no need for variables).
Note: HTML markup is NOT content.

Server timezone - incorrect PHP function.
Date 4 days ago - totally incorrect - does not even display a date.
Live in timezone - Incorrect / hardcoded - does not use a PHP function.

You clearly did not do everything required, or do everything correctly.

Hope that helps.
October 21, 2013 08:19AM
Hi MAC
What is meant by "CORRECT/18 - the information 2 marks each" and "ECHOED/5 - and then echoed?"

Why MUST all information be ECHOED, including the header...huh? It is no problem doing it but I cant see that this is relevant when you will be developing in the 'real world'
As far as my little knowledge of PHP goes it is more practical to use HTML and put your <?PHP where you need to enter PHP mode

As far as the scoring rubric goes is that all we will get awarded points far. If so I think it is extremely unfair as I did spend alot of time writing CSS and working on the look and feel of my site. What prevents someone from submitting a sloppy site where all the pages are working, but it just looks bad example elements in forms are not aligned and so on.

Thanx MAC
Mac
October 21, 2013 09:46AM
The specifications were clear - if we required you to echo all the information, then that is what was required. If you added CSS, then that was outside the specifications. This assignment was more about running a PHP page on a server than anything else.
October 22, 2013 05:00AM
October 24, 2013 10:49AM
mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The post here above is a guide. I will post
> indivudal comments later.

Hi Mac

Any idea on the ETA of the individual comments?

I'd really like to know where I lost marks since according to what I can see I met all the assignment criteria 100%, aside from having my pop-up window being a different size to the one specified in the assignment brief, but I did confirm on here that it would be ok to do that.
Mac
October 24, 2013 11:04AM
Did I confirm that it would be OK to have a different size?
October 24, 2013 12:09PM
mac Wrote:
> Did I confirm that it would be OK to have a
> different size?

Yup. Here's the thread I asked the question in:

Link
Mac
October 24, 2013 01:55PM
Why did you have to ask that question - I cannot keep up with these forums anymore sad smiley In any event, you are then owed marks.It will need to go through 3 signatures.
October 24, 2013 03:51PM
mac Wrote:
> Why did you have to ask that question - I cannot
> keep up with these forums anymore sad smiley In any
> event, you are then owed marks.It will need to go
> through 3 signatures.

I asked the question because I'm a rebel without a cause smile

Honestly though, the marks doesn't really bother me since at the end of the day those 5 marks equates to only 1% of my final mark, so if it's too much hassle don't worry about it. I mostly just wanted to know what I got marked down for.
Mac
October 25, 2013 07:14AM
I'll add the mark to the portfolio. The comments are on myUnisa.
November 01, 2013 01:08PM
Can you explain the last one sir I'm really not clear about it
Mac
November 01, 2013 01:55PM
That was a response to the previous student.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login