Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dreamspark

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Dreamspark
July 09, 2013 08:50AM
Invitations for Dreamspark will only be sent out later this month once we have all the registrations in place.
Re: Dreamspark
July 15, 2013 09:28AM
Hello

I am new to web design,but want to master it.I have a copy of Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Ultimate and I am under the impression we will be using Expression Web 4, am i correct and will this be okay in terms of compatibility, or should i follow the Dream Spark link and download the prescribed version?

Any details will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mac
July 15, 2013 09:42AM
This is all extra - you do not need it to complete the course . We want you to code it using a text editor.
July 15, 2013 10:08AM
I have tried the free Microsoft Expression Studio from Unisa (Dreamspark) before and it is a very nice tool - rapid web development and all that. It does however generate a lot of extra text in your HTML files that does not seem to do anything extra and makes the HTML file look messy if you view it with a text editor. I guess if you develop with the tool then there is no point in using a text editor to view the HTML.
Mac
July 15, 2013 03:22PM
Using a tool to generate code means you do not learn. At some point you have to get your hands dirty and understand the code it generates.
July 15, 2013 04:51PM
Hi Mac,

I generally use Adobe Dreamweaver to do programming. Is it okay if I use it during this course?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sunshine that comes from the heart is warmer than any that comes from the sky. <3

www.deltaweb.co.za
deltawebwebsites.blogspot.com
July 16, 2013 08:08AM
Hi Professor

Thank you very much for the reply, I figured with the course supplying the software, that it was required to use it in this course.
I want to learn the coding behind, so I shall use a simple text editor and then advance to the sophisticated software once I have a thorough understanding.

Thank you

Kyle
Mac
July 16, 2013 08:27AM
You can use DW but not to generate the site in total it is quite powerful, i.e. no point and click stuff
July 16, 2013 08:31AM
Kyle-78168406 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to learn the coding behind, so I shall use
> a simple text editor and then advance to the
> sophisticated software once I have a thorough
> understanding.

Use Notepad++ supplied on the disc instead of just something too simple like "Windows Notepad". It is a text editor, but it has syntax colour coding and recognizes HTML, CCS and JavaScript keywords etc. and has most features that other IDEs have.
July 17, 2013 08:32AM
mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can use DW but not to generate the site in
> total it is quite powerful, i.e. no point and
> click stuff

Thank you! I have never used it for more than simple coding to copy and paste into Muse (as it colour-codes the text), so I will use it as you say. But I will have a look at Dreamspark as well smile
Notepad++ is also very handy.

Thanks again!
July 21, 2013 05:29PM
hi. i have received the email to activate my account, but when i click the link to complete the registration process. i get a "no active matching account was found" error.
July 21, 2013 08:38PM
hi

I also received an to activate dreamspark but the systems tells me no match has been found.
Mac
July 22, 2013 07:52AM
Mmm, try again later, perhaps they are working on the server. We have no control over the system. First time this has happened.
July 23, 2013 03:59PM
Good day!

Thank you I managed to register
July 31, 2013 01:14PM
Hi,

I only registered on the last day so only received all my notes last week, but haven't received any invitation for Dreamspark. Please let me know if there is something I need to do to get this.

Thanks
Tessa
Mac
July 31, 2013 02:19PM
First make sure you have a mylife email account, then report here.
August 01, 2013 09:13AM
Hi Mac,

I registered my email last week and received the welcome email, but haven't recieved anything else.

Email: 78175933@mylife.unisa.ac.za

Thanks
Tessa
August 02, 2013 09:35AM
Hi,

I havent recived my dreamspark yet.

Email : 78169437@mylife.unisa.ac.za

Thanks
Babs
Mac
August 02, 2013 10:26AM
Invites were sent again
August 02, 2013 01:36PM
Got it, Thank you
August 03, 2013 08:35PM
Please can you send to me to?
milnaymail@yahoo.com
Student no 78108276
Thank u!!
Mac
August 05, 2013 07:44AM
It is only send to mylife accounts..
August 06, 2013 01:23PM
Hi

I have been doing some studying, but my problem is that i am not so sure as to use the book that was provided with the study material or should i just use the notes from the disc provided with and also i have completed the code for the assignment and i can't seem to get it on the browser page. I have studied the freewebhosting notes which given in a pdf folder, and i have followed the instruction to register a site, but when i go to my web site the page appears to be blank. Can anybody, somebody assist me on this....
Mac
August 06, 2013 02:56PM
Have you registered the account and used the file manager provided there to upload an index.html file containing your code?
August 06, 2013 02:59PM
November 11, 2013 11:49AM
Dear Dreamspark admin,

It seems my previous pleas in the other dreamspark thread to procure a premium invite have been ignored.

Can I yet again humbly ask for a Dreamspark premium invite?
The available resources will greatly aid in my academical development.

Please send the invite to

42820626@mylife.unisa.ac.za

Student number: 42820626

Please take my request into consideration.
Much appreciated.
February 12, 2014 11:13PM
can you please send me a dream mark invitation

my email:
78184878@mylife.unisa.ac.za

hope i still qualify for the benefits.

thank you
March 04, 2014 07:18AM
Can I please request a Dreamspark account invite:

53648277@mylife.unisa.ac.za

Thank you!

@IT_MAGE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login