Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How we mark

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
How we mark
July 08, 2013 12:55PM
Usability: i.e. the ease of use/user friendly. Quality of the interaction. Incorporates all other six aspects listed below.
Navigation: Links that are clearly visible, make sense, and are not broken. Also an indication of where one is on a large web site such as Home->Products->Downloads. Answers the two questions: Where am I? Where can I go?
Graphics Design: Appropriate format (jpg (bitmap photos) or gif (bitmap sketches, line-drawings, animations) or flash (vector, animation, video), small picture sizes, number of colours, lossless vs. lossy compression. Could also include page layout here.
Content: good trustworthy frequently updated/changed and clear content that keeps the user engaged/entertained.
Compatibility: with a wide range of browsers (Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape) and browser versions (Internet Explorer versions 4-7). We use Chrome as our main browser (it is the most popular boreser) is , so design 1stly for it. Also compatible with a wide range of users (age, disability, computer skills, male/female etc). Load time: fast load times (less than 10 seconds). Vector graphics very small (flash). Higher graphics compression with fewer colours, smaller pixel sizes, and lossy compression.

Usability /20
Navigation /20
Graphics Design /10
Content /20
Compatibility /10
Forum /10
SubTotal/100
HTML/CSS/JS Code/100
Portfolio Mark/100
Final Mark (Ass=10% Portfolio=90%)

Then, this is a good read: http://www.high-higher-highest-rankings.com/pdfs/styleguide.pdf
Re: How we mark
July 10, 2013 02:53PM
Greetings mac,

I'm thinking;

Usability - 20
Navigation - 20
Graphic Design - 10
Content - 20
Compatibility - 10
Forum - 10

Should work out to a sub total of - 90 and not - 100.
Or am I missing something?

Kind regards.
Mac
Re: How we mark
July 10, 2013 04:19PM
Sorry, it is confusing. The first 6 (the look and feel) gets converted to a sub total mark of 100. Then add the code (100 marks), convert to 100, which is the portfolio mark,and which counts 90% of the final mark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login