Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Availability of our portfolio sites

Posted by npadavattan 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Availability of our portfolio sites
June 12, 2013 02:48PM
From the last post by Mac, I take it that our submissions have been marked.
I checked my site today and well.....its been deleted.

Surely Unisa should be able to host a site, where we can upload. Apart from stresses of everything else...we now have to concern ourselves with a hosting site that we have absolutely no control over.
So now its a case of was it marked or not? when was it deleted? and there are so many more questions racing through my mind.

My nerves are shot to.....
Mac
Re: Availability of our portfolio sites
June 13, 2013 07:39AM
If your site is down then put it up back again until you receive your marks. It should not take you more than 10 minutes.
June 13, 2013 09:26AM
Thank you Mac.
If I re-load, the site will give me a new link. How can I communicate this new link for this portfolio to be viewed/marked by you?
June 13, 2013 09:46AM
Just want to make sure that same apply's for me....
I tried to upload site somewhere else so I could show this to an employment agent, (without messing with my actual site)
and well with some confusion I deleted my db on the actual site.

I fixed the db but it was down for an hour or so, just want to find out if (by some serious bad luck) you where busy marking my site during that hour,
would you recheck it if it just so happens that you stumble upon a db-less site.

I did send you a message the second I realized this happened.
anyway, hope this is fine.
thank you.
Mac
June 13, 2013 10:16AM
If you contacted me when the problem arose then no problem. As per the submission document.
June 13, 2013 10:27AM
Ok, well guess I must just hope it is fine,
dont think I went to check the submission document when it happened just fixed and sent you a PM on Ospray,

guess chances are pretty small that you checked while it was down...
so guess I will just wait and see,

hope you get your site sorted npadavattan.
goodluck.

P.S. the wait for result are killing me (not even one out yet )
June 13, 2013 10:32AM
Good Morning Mac,

I received an sms that states that my portfolio has been marked. Does this mean that i dont have to worry with maintaining/checking the site?
Mac
June 13, 2013 03:28PM
A sticky post has been posted about SMS'e.

Ahem... as stated in the tut letter, I do not respond to PMs - the latter is for personal messages only, and not a course support route sad smiley

That said, no more post here from me. I have lots to mark.

The submission doc is clear. You need to keep your site alive. If it crashed, you need to inform me immediately. Some take chances, take an week or two to finish, then claim it was deleted. So how does one make the decision? For this reason, the rule is clear.
June 13, 2013 10:27PM
ehhh.... not sure what to make of that exactly. (or maybe I just don't like the way I am interpreting it)

I just re-uploaded the exact db that was there before (and exact same one that is in zip file)

if you did not mark at that exact point do I still have a chance or would this be seen as a "late submission" ?

FYI, I did not change I just re-uploaded same db as before (you can check the zip file)...
and it would be pretty simple to check date the zip file was uploaded, nearly a week before submission.

well I guess all I can do now is wait and see....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login