Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Portfolio submission procedure

Posted by 47557966 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Portfolio submission procedure
May 20, 2013 05:16PM
I need some clarity please.

Point no:2 of portfolio submission states the following:
STEP 2: Create a text file exactly as described in the assignment procedure here above. Copy this file, together with all your portfolio code (and any subfolders you may have) into the folder you created above.
and the point its referring to specifies that: Create a new text file. Type the full URL of your site, including the http:// part, in this text file. Do not add a full-stop after the URL. Add your code directly below the URL

My question is do we only put our URL on the text file?
avatar Re: Portfolio submission procedure
May 20, 2013 05:33PM
There is a new one on the site under additional resources. In this one it says:

STEP 2:
• Using Notepad, open a new text file.
• In this text file, type the full URL of your site, and name this file URL.txt.
• Copy this file, together with all your portfolio code (and any subfolders you may have)into the
root of the folder you created above.

So only add your URL to the file called URL.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int get_random_number() {
return 4;
}
Re: Portfolio submission procedure
May 20, 2013 05:43PM
Thanks a lot @PetrusPJ
May 21, 2013 09:30AM
Are we required to submit on Osprey and MyUnisa, like we did with assignment 1?
May 21, 2013 04:18PM
Hello, I have labelled my text file with my site url, www.mysite.eu5.org as opposed to:
STEP 2:
• Using Notepad, open a new text file.
• In this text file, type the full URL of your site, and name this file URL.txt.
Do you think I should rename it URL.txt? I am really concerned that if I make this minor change and try to resubmit, I may have issues, server overload, etc. Any thoughts?

"It is not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference."
May 21, 2013 06:34PM
Hey man, I don't understand the need for a change as minor as this... I uploaded everything yesterday as prescribed in the original submission procedure document. It's the first I hear of the new name having to be URL.txt...
Does it really make a difference? Thing is, due to this being a high priority for all of us, we will not shake the feeling that this one little change could make a big difference in the eyes of the lecturer... sigh, what I'm saying is, we would probably sleep better if we change the .txt file to what they want now and re-upload the entire zip file to Osprey...
May 22, 2013 07:46AM
Yes, I changed it to URL.txt and reuploaded just to be safe.

"It is not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference."
May 22, 2013 09:32AM
You will need to make the change to URL.txt. He says he uses a program to help mark the assignment so I think if you make it a different name then the program might not see you submission and you will fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int get_random_number() {
return 4;
}
May 24, 2013 06:34PM
Please can you help me on how to submit/upload portifolio, becau se im supplimenting this module
May 24, 2013 07:24PM
Whooo 44249608, running a bit late there !! Do you not have access to my_unisa then ? The instructions are on there. I'm not quite sure how access works when you are supplementing. Otherwise I can email the pdf to your mylife@unisa address ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login