Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Converting PHP to TXT

Posted by 46021574.ian 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Converting PHP to TXT
May 17, 2013 09:03AM
Hi There,

So one of the objectives of the portfolio is to add a text file with the code in each page. This is very simple and not difficult to do. I ran into a personal issue. I converted all my php to txt files added the code into the pages, but now all of a sudden I have to update the txt files again because I made changes to the php files.

The thought of actually going over and copying the php code to the txt file every time I made changes annoyed me. I started browsing the internet and I stumbled onto this article: Batch Change/Rename

I used method 1 to convert all my php pages.

After checking my site for the 100000000000th time and making minor changes for the 10000000000th time all I do is delete the txt files in my code folder and copy the php files over there and use method 1 to convert them from php to txt.

I do not know if this annoyed anyone else but I thought it might be nice to share.

Regards,
Ian
Mac
Re: Converting PHP to TXT
May 17, 2013 09:06AM
Of course you could have uploaded the text file last... that said, knowing this option is good becasue you will use it in future for many other reasons.
avatar Re: Converting PHP to TXT
May 20, 2013 05:16PM
I did them last, had the links and all but after the project was done and tested did I add the txt files, tested the links and wrapped up the project.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int get_random_number() {
return 4;
}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login