Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uploading & Testing in FreeWebHostingArea

Posted by 8511454 - VanZyl 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Uploading & Testing in FreeWebHostingArea
May 03, 2013 01:03PM
Hallo,

My portfolio operates as planned on my local computer. I loaded all the php files and import the database tables correctly. I have checked if all the files came accross - php files and SQL tables. When accessing it via the URL on the web, the part where no login is need works correctly. When I try to login with incorrect username it displays error message as programmed. BUT when I login with correct username and password the process stops and redirects me to the website of the freewebhosting area. Is the problem perhaps connected to cookies? or does it drop the session perhaps. I include my session coding.

Language: PHP
$SQL = "SELECT * FROM login WHERE username = $uname && password = $pword"; ?>

EDITED: DO NOT POST ALL CODE>>>>

Any help please?

Van Zyl
Mac
Re: Uploading & Testing in FreeWebHostingArea
May 03, 2013 02:12PM
Language: PHP
SELECT * FROM login WHERE username = ';$uname'; AND password = ';$pword'; ";
May 03, 2013 03:28PM
Thank you Mac,

But when I add the suggested inverted commas I get an error reply and my username displayed in the textbox inside inverted commas. For example: 'admin'. If I leave the textbox blank, I get an error reply with '' inside the textbox. I also tried to bypass the test for username and password by only use: $SQL = "SELECT * FROM login"; On my local computer I then log on to the database successfully without entering anything in the textboxes. Trying this on the internet it redirects me to the website of the freewebhosting area without logging on.

Van Zyl
May 06, 2013 12:22AM
Thank you,

I sorted out all my errors. It seems as if the freeoda server are far more case sensitive than our local server.
Especially when referring to file names. This was the reason for the redirection to page-not-found.html

Van Zyl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login