Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clarification of Team Selection page

Posted by 46538828 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Clarification of Team Selection page
April 07, 2013 11:24PM
Hi All,

I just want some simple clarification of the functions of Team Selection page, because as far as I can see, there is a clarification of all pages but not of Team Selection.

Thanks!
Mac
Re: Clarification of Team Selection page
April 08, 2013 07:51AM
Answered elsewhere. That is for you to manage as you see fit because the selection will depend on the type of sport you have selected.
avatar Re: Clarification of Team Selection page
April 15, 2013 08:05PM
So basically, if you chose soccer, the manager would be able to compile a team based on the opponents they will face. Example, When Manchester United plays City or Liverpool, Sir Alex always plays his "A" team. The big guns make up that team. If they play Stoke City perhaps or some lesser rival, he would probably go with the "B" team made up of more reserves.

Correct understanding Mac?

P.S. based on the above, shall I simply select some players for the selections table instead of leaving it blank? How do you link up the fixture_id from the fixture table with the selections table?
Mac
April 16, 2013 07:58AM
Correct. You select a team for fixture A. Then, for fixture B, you select another team of choice, same team or new players, depending what you have in your db. You query the selections table to provide you with a drop-down of fixtures, where the fixture_id is the value of the option that is used.
April 17, 2013 01:36PM
Team Selection is indeed giving problems but im not giving up.
Mac
April 17, 2013 04:29PM
Good smiling smiley This is not monkey puzzle, you need to think and learn and be empowered smiling smiley
April 23, 2013 09:27PM
Hi Mac,

Can I join Fixtures table with Team selection table in my query for team selection page?
Mac
April 24, 2013 08:42AM
You have to. Don't just ask me, ask your fellow students... that is what this forum is for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login