Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help me understand :s

Posted by R 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
R
Please help me understand :s
March 28, 2013 12:13PM
Hi

In the tutorial letter is says that in fixturs_public.php should take a person who is not logged in to a site where a list of "Fixtures" are presented.Which is all good BUT then it says "Clicking on any fixture
shows the team selected for that fixture, using the same fixtures_public.php page."
But doesnt it already show the team playing on the fixture list? Isn't the idea of a Fixture list to show teams playing against each other on that date?
Or are we actually suppose to fetch the team form the database and present the actual players in the team in Which case I dont know how im going to be able to do it with only 5 people in my Database sad smiley

Also!

Should Team Selection be an actual page or just be there to prove logged in status?
Cause it doesn't say what it should be doing.
Mac
Re: Please help me understand :s
March 28, 2013 01:37PM
The page presents a list of fixtures only e.g. the Chief soccer team administrator

Chief vs Pirates 12/04/13 Soccer City
Chiefs vs Supersport 16/04/13 Papwa Segolum Stadium
etc.

These are links. Cliking on a fixture link shows the team selected for that fixture. A fixture is information about the match.

The suggestion of 5 players is a minimum that must be in the db - you can add all the players required for a team e.g. 11 for a soccer team to take the field. We are just providing this minimum so that we are not required to populate your player database before testing the app.

The team selection page is not described - it is for you to construct as you think best. This page is where the administrator insert, update and delete the players selected (1.a).
R
March 28, 2013 05:01PM
So in that case can I add extra values to my Player Field? Say Team then just choose Team 'A' or 'B'.
Mac
April 02, 2013 07:42AM
I don't understand your question? You add the number of team members you require.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login