Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to install a webserver

Posted by 46296433 - Julia 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How to install a webserver
February 27, 2013 11:56AM
Hi!
I'm new on this forum and i'm registered in ict2613,the problem is that I don't know where to start!Please helpspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I'm using windows vista and i have no idea on how to install a web server,all that i'm reading confse me more.
i installed the easy php software and the pspad i found on the compact disk.Now i don't know where to save my work.
Please help it's urgent
Re: How to install a webserver
February 27, 2013 02:39PM
Well, if you've installed the easyPHP software,it means ur server is ready to use.You must save ur work(save as xxxx.php) on ur server. Look where you have installed easyPHP,its propably in C:/program files/EasyPHP. Then under there will be a folder named www. You must save your php pages in that www directory.
Create a new file in your pspad and put the code
Language: PHP
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Save it in there.Open your browser and type "127.0.0.1" without the quotes.That is your localhost and it will open your file that you have created in your editor. If you see Info about PHP in your browser, then everything is right.
February 27, 2013 03:52PM
Thanx Mariuspieenar,you hepled alots and it's working now.
Let's start thenthumbs up
March 27, 2013 09:01AM
Hi,

I am having problems on running apache. the message i have been getting says "Apache can not be runned. another web server use the web port or port is blocked by firewall", and firewall is tunned off.
before that i was getting the green trafic light on mySQL but red on apache. changing to XAMPP, apache can not be started only mysql can. please help!
Mac
March 27, 2013 02:17PM
This has been addressed in other threads. Do some searching here, as well as in previous forums.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login