Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not too sporty...

Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
February 10, 2013 10:09PM
Ok, so the coding part of this project isn't going to be that hard but I have no clue on the sport side of this. I don't follow any sport, I don't even own a TV so this is proving quite a challenge for a computer geek like myself. I would like some tips. I will be going on the internet but feel free to point me in a proper direction.

I thought of rally but it doesn't seem to have clubs or club managers and the teams are quite small.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

int get_random_number() {
return 4;
}
Re: Not too sporty...
February 10, 2013 10:40PM
Petrus, If you want to be accurate with a sports team I would sugest googling any rugby, cricket or soccer (Football) team and then getting team players from the site
most of the team sites will have a full squad of names, surnames and positions on the website. (chances are you will get more data then you need)

However, I believe it is more about the coding, then what team/sport/data is used,
you could think up your own game(pool cricket/counter strike team...???), call your club "Petrus Comp Geeks" , and add 20 family and friends into a squad
(Sure there are a few Geeks in this forum willing to join your club)spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
and then select a team of 5 or 10 or whatever you want out of your squad.

Dont remember if there was specs on size of the team or sqaud in the portfolio info from Tut101? (If so obviously adjust for that)

good luck, still have to get started on portfolio (seems I am a little behind as I just finnished assignment 1)
Good luck

teams you could google...
Super Rugby Stormers, Chiefs Reds, Crusaders, Bulls, Sharks, Brumbies, Hurricanes, Highlanders, Cheetahs, Waratahs, Blues, Rebels, W.Force, S.Kings,
Re: Not too sporty...
February 11, 2013 05:07PM
can you please email me the portforlio/ submission requirements pdf to 46313060@mylife.unisa.ac.za
cant download from myunisa. ASAP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login