Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Data variables gets undefined

Posted by Mariuspienaar 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Data variables gets undefined
February 09, 2013 10:38PM
Good day all!

I'm working so nicely through my portfolio until two days back when I got stuck.
It is the part where we must click on the edit link to edit the database table.
Ok, all works nice, I add a new player and all the player's detail is available on the table.(on that page if I hoover my mouse pointer over the edit link, then under the screen it shows the variables with its values(id,name,surname,contact,email,position,username and password),no problem. Then I click on the edit link of that player and the page takes me to a nice form page to edit the information of that player.
I then edit the info and submit, still no problem, when I want to update the same row it looks like some of my variables got lost, now when I point with my mouse pointer on the link, it shows under the screen only player_ id and name, no more of the other ones, so If I click on the edit link then only the name show in the rows not the other details, but if you put some word in the other rows it will still update the table.

So I would just like to know how can it be possible that all the values are not there, cause it looks like my code is right since my updating code works 100%, it is only when you want to edit the same row for the second time that the values is not showing or goes missing. On the next screen I use $_GET to retrieve the values from the url link.
I researched google a lot and just don't find anything.
Just tell me if I need to add some of my code here .

Thanks very much
Mac
Re: Data variables gets undefined
February 10, 2013 04:44PM
Newer versions of PHP on the server demands that you first check of the variable exists.

See this post : http://notesofgenius.com/how-fix-php-notice-undefined-index/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login