Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Student EDIT

Posted by 78185106 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Student EDIT
October 28, 2013 07:04PM
Hi. Just want to find out in the Student edit page, does the person editing the student, must he be able to add a course to the student or delete?
Re: Student EDIT
October 29, 2013 12:42AM
Hi,

The tut letter states that " Administrators can add, view, edit and delete student details." It is not clear whether courses
are included, so does one assume that courses are also details? Fair question.

CharlesU
Mac
October 29, 2013 07:24AM
Course/s so course information is part of the student's information. This implies that the course/s is also editable.
October 29, 2013 07:36AM
Thanks Prof Mac. thumbs up
November 01, 2013 09:20AM
One question on this, if we add new or edit courses to Manage Courses, is that suppose to update the selection of Courses in the Registration form?

Please help.

Warren
Mac
November 01, 2013 09:33AM
Because the selection list is drawn from the db any editing done there will necessarily reflect in the list yes.
November 01, 2013 09:49AM
Thanks Prof Mac

Guess that I need to do a lot of things now, what topic can I refer this to or where can I read up on how to handle this?

Warren
Mac
November 01, 2013 10:31AM
There is no specific topic on this.... the db flow diagram in the tut letter shows how the registration page requests the course name from the db. Under that... for the registration page, you have to collect the course names (RP1) from the course table, to use in your registration page...

So it is simply a matter of populating a drop-down list of course extracted from the db. Here is one way to do it: http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/94410-populating-a-dropdowncombo-box-from-mysql/ the value will be the course_id
November 01, 2013 10:39AM
thanks Prof Mac,

I will try and do this shortly, will keep you posted.

Warren
November 01, 2013 01:08PM
Hi Warren. I kniw there is little time left. but here is how I DID it. I made a separate function for it.

Language: PHP
$sql="SELECT * FROM course"; $result=mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error()); while($record = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){   echo';<option value="'; . $record[';cname';] . ';">'; . $record[';cname';] . ';</option>';; }   }
November 01, 2013 04:14PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the code, to late to use it now , but I'll try it out in the future!

ChalesU
November 01, 2013 04:25PM
Hi there,

Thanks for that, did you put that function on the Manage Course page, or on the Registration form page.

I really want to crack this and still need to do quite some work sad smiley

Warren
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login