Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PHP in action

Posted by 77843835AlexB 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
October 07, 2013 02:07PM
This is a project I am working on currently for my college. This was all made possible by doing this course. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Bookshop

The app was created for Chrome (other browsers may have some difficulty). If Chrome moans about this being a phising site, just ignore. I think the free webserver I am using doesn't have a great reputation. I made use of HTML5 and CSS3. Also using mySQLi to connect to the database.

Username : admin
password : p4ssword

Use student number: 151105212

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning...
Re: PHP in action
October 11, 2013 01:50PM
Hi Alex B,

Sorry, your posting must have gone way over most our heads. Absolutely Brilliant !!!, I think every student on this course
should have a look at your work, I will give everyone an idea what can be achieved.

Well Done!

CharlesU
October 14, 2013 09:24AM
Thanks!! That would not have been possible without this course. Now it is like everyday you learn something new in PHP.

Prof Mac, any chances of an Advanced PHP course in the future somewhere??

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning...
Mac
October 21, 2013 10:10AM
< any chances of an Advanced PHP course in the future somewhere??

Not soon sad smiley Takes years to get it approved etc. and as it stands I hardly have time to eat my breakfast.. getting comfortable with the basics is the most important - the rest you need only dedication and Google.
October 21, 2013 04:32PM
Thanks Prof Mac. I know it's the same with our college, trying to get something changed, only ends up in one drink a bit more. smiling bouncing smiley

mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> < any chances of an Advanced PHP course in the
> future somewhere??
>
> Not soon sad smiley Takes years to get it approved etc.
> and as it stands I hardly have time to eat my
> breakfast.. getting comfortable with the basics is
> the most important - the rest you need only
> dedication and Google.

December 02, 2013 02:12PM
Hi All,

Had the pleasure of running or testing " The Portfolio" on a live website over the weekend. The site had the Application WordPress installed.
It was just a matter of browsing for and downloading the pages we had written. What took the longest was remaking of make_tables.php
for the tables required for MySQL. I had deleted it before submitting my " Portfolio". I also Never did get the email thing working but.......

I feel I have a magnificent set of templates for a commercial framework.
Examples:
    • Register Student = Register Customer
    • Add new Course = Add new Order
    • Student List = Customers with Orders Outstanding
    etc, etc, etc !

Thanks, CharlesU
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login