Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

study materials

Posted by floyd tshegare 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
study materials
July 08, 2013 09:14PM
Hey i have received a package containing a disk and an information sheet. Do you guys know if there's more to follow?
I am now installing camp instead of PHPtriad. I figured there's not much difference except PHP triad is applicable to windows systems only.

hoping for hassle free download.
Re: study materials
July 11, 2013 02:27PM
Hi there, Floyd

I'm pretty sure you have received everything, you will have to download/view unisa tutorial letter (pdf) on the myUnisa student website.
Wamp and xampp are included in the contents of the cd.

Wamp and Xampp are much more widely used than PHP triad,
which usually means more support is available for them in online communities
And they are kept alive(updated) regularly.

Hope this helped.
Thanks.
July 11, 2013 06:45PM
Hi Floyd

I agree with Yusuf. The other thing is the subscribed book helps allot. It is not a necessity but it does help you.

Best Wishes
M
Mac
July 11, 2013 06:56PM
XAMPP for me. Tried them all over the years. least problems on installation, and when there is, it is a PC issue.
July 12, 2013 12:19PM
I am using a GNU/Linux 12.04 LAMP server set-up in virtualbox on my GNU/Linux ubuntu 64bit laptop.

I haven't received my study material as yet so the above set-up works just fine of web hosting.
If you are a fellow Linux enthusiast and wish to have a similar setup on your system, I wrote a how to set-up virtualbox guide on my blog check it out here..

If you need help setting up a GNU/Linux LAMP server, please feel free to give me a buzz..eye rolling smiley

You can download the GNU/Linux ubuntu server (iso) file here.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login