Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

General

Posted by 77911997 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
General
July 12, 2013 03:29PM
Hi all

I am planning to start my own company, developing websites in PHP. but I am not sure how much to charge.

what is a standard fee or a static website and a standard dynamic website excluding hosting

please help!
July 13, 2013 06:24PM
That is a difficult question as it all depends on your experience, quality, extra add-on's and your overheads.

One of my pet peeves in the web industry is these noob developers who sit in their mom and pop's back room and charge R2k for a wordpress side only for the client to come running to us crying about how they paid for this site that does not work and the developer is not returning their calls. Trust me, we get at least 5 such clients a month.

Best advice is to go speak to small web companies, pick their brains then get a friend that needs a site done, see how long it takes you and how resource intensive it is then decide on costing.

Likely costing is one of those things that is fluid, it's not set in stone.

____________________________________________Nazi Coder____________________________________________

I'm not antisocial, I'm just not user friendly

"It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!" ~ some unknown Microsoft developer
Re: General
July 15, 2013 08:13AM
LOL I know what you are talking about.

I thing I have good experience and I don't do wordpress/joomla stuff. I do dynamic websites.

I have worked as a web designer for 3 years and another 3/4 year of programming. but the company I work for price their website differently mainly because they only do big websites and they make it a package deal.

I don't want to charge too much, as I want to get clients.

but thatnk you for your idea, I shall check with smaller web design companies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login