Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Course names

Posted by afojonny 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Course names
May 08, 2013 11:32PM
Hi everyone,

(Except for Mac, He's the lecturer) I guess you're all firing on well on your project. It's been sleepless nights for me though...lol

A quick on on the course names:

1. How many courses can a student register for?
2. Should we give specific course names or we should just name them "Course A, Course B..."?

Thanks in anticipation.

78026962 afojonny
Mac
Re: Course names
May 09, 2013 07:45AM
1. as many as he wants. Strictly speaking there is always a limit in real life....
2. Remember that is for the admin to enter, and I am using my db, which has it own course names, and when adding I may even use "sdfgjhsfjghf" :0
May 09, 2013 08:31AM
Lol...Thanks Mac.

Just checking if I got you right...

"I could limit the courses to just 3 and my course names could be COURSE A, COURSE B & COURSE C"

Right?

78026962 afojonny
May 09, 2013 08:42AM
I am so signing up for the "sdfgjhsfjghf" course!!! smiling bouncing smiley
May 09, 2013 03:54PM
I think you need to allow for an open ended number of courses I would imagine.

You are simply writing to a database and recalling it so don't limit it to three. Might limit your marks.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 09, 2013 04:32PM
wow! a lot to understand in order to qualify for a certificate.

I don't quite understand what the "edit" link would do in the "course_man.php" page. Does each course an administrator create have more than just the course name? If yes, i wonder what the other information would be as there is no provision for added information from the database structure.

Please in need a clear understanding on this.

Thanks.

78026962 afojonny
May 09, 2013 04:37PM
You're so right, I'm writing to a database. It's just a little confusing when it's mentioned in the tutorial letter that "a student can register online" and at the same time "we are writing for an administrator".

My brain is so ruffled right now. I wonder what page a student can have access to and cannot!

Thanks a lot though.

78026962 afojonny
Mac
May 09, 2013 04:47PM
You can enter a faulty course name. How will you fix that? Also, there is a course_id to ensure you update the correct course.

afojonny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow! a lot to understand in order to qualify for a
> certificate.
>
> I don't quite understand what the "edit" link
> would do in the "course_man.php" page. Does each
> course an administrator create have more than just
> the course name? If yes, i wonder what the other
> information would be as there is no provision for
> added information from the database structure.
>
> Please in need a clear understanding on this.
>
> Thanks.
Mac
May 09, 2013 04:51PM
> a student can register online" and at the same time "we are writing for an administrator".

A student will use the very same page the administrator use to register. It is just a question of what links are available to "the public" i.e the student. This portfolio is for an administrator, so the (same) page the student accesses is just accessed from the admin side. You can just as well add a link"Students, register HERE", but I don't want that.
May 09, 2013 05:10PM
Yes Boss!smile

78026962 afojonny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login