Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I cant save my php files directly to www directory

Posted by 77911997 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
I cant save my php files directly to www directory
February 19, 2013 08:14AM
I have a small problem. I have installed easyPHP successfully. however when i am saving my php pages there is gives me a permission error. I know this has nothing to do with php or the software, but its because i am trying to save on this directory:
C:\program files \Easy PHP\www\

everything runs smoothly as long as i move files physically and not saving them from waterproof IDE. does anybody know how can i grant waterproof - access to write/save on this directory C:\program files \Easy PHP\www\

can i perhaps move files to somewhere else and still be able to run my php file at http://localhost/

*Phew* I hope i make sense...
avatar Re: I cant save my php files directly to www directory
February 19, 2013 11:06AM
if you using win 7 right click ontop of xampp folder > properties > security tab > Edit permisions > make sure you give yourself full control over the file. that should work and yes you can move files anywhere but you have tweak apache also

gbakamela [77234715]
Re: I cant save my php files directly to www directory
February 19, 2013 12:23PM
thanks Gcobani, I will try that later when i get home. I will let you know if i still have problems.
Mac
February 19, 2013 01:11PM
Better to install XAMPP on C: on Win 7 because of permissions problems.
February 19, 2013 09:16PM
I had the same problem but l overcame it by installing the php on C drive in "users" and not in the programs folder. You can try that
February 20, 2013 08:16AM
trust me if it works then leave it like that Henry you don't wanna waste time on it rather focus on real work

gbakamela [77234715]
February 20, 2013 12:06PM
I also had this issue , with easyphp , I just installed it on my D drive
February 20, 2013 01:09PM
Now that you mention this my code now works since I got rid of EasyPHP and installed the new XAMPP.

kreason_77840070 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also had this issue , with easyphp , I just
> installed it on my D drive
February 21, 2013 12:59PM
I had the same issue and have been moving files all along, I think the safest bet is moving to a different location (not yor C/PROGRAM files root), On project submission will you be strict on specifically using easyphp or xampp or wamp?

Andrew
Mac
February 21, 2013 03:45PM
It is irrelevant which server package you used. The whole idea is for your code to be portable:

1. I provide the db structure which you MUST use - as is. I have the db set up on my server.
2. I only change the db connection details in your config file
3. It will run on my setup - regardless whether I use XAMPP or EasyPHP. I personally prefer the former, but as said, that is irrelevant.

That said, I set my server up to show all notices and errors, but do not penalize you unfairly as these errors can go away by simply changing the error_reporting settings. And 3.5 months I cannot expect you to cover all bases.
February 21, 2013 03:55PM
I add issues with XAMPP before and found it buggy, maybe that was an older version. I prefer easyphp, it seems to be working fine as long as its not on the same drive as the OS
February 22, 2013 09:57AM
I spent several hours yesterday trying to install easy php and saving the info.php file in the 'test' folder. I am on Windows Vista and I installed the Easyphp that came with the CD; I installed directly on C:\Program Files. Here is the solution I finally found online:

# Right click the folder (test folder), click properties, open security tab, edit the users (or your computer name) tick the modify (I tick all).
(Do the same for all your folders that request permission)

Here is the online link: http://superuser.com/questions/33373/how-do-i-get-permissions-to-save-in-a-folder-that-windows-7-denies-me-from

Cheers
March 20, 2013 05:42AM
I am using Windows 7 and have installed EasyPHP and created info.php in the folder www. I can see it in the folder though it says its a text document. When I try and run it using http://127.0.0.1/test/info.php I get an Object not found error.

Any suggestions.
March 20, 2013 08:35AM
Angela

Rather try and use XAMPP. It is much easier. Your problem could be beacuse EasyPHP installs to your C:\Program Files directory. If you rather want to use EasyPHP, install it in it's own directory like C:\EasyPHP.

I also had problems with EasyPHP and switched to XAMPP, much easier to find everthing.

AngelaWoodend-77672860 Wrote:
> I am using Windows 7 and have installed EasyPHP
> and created info.php in the folder www. I can see
> it in the folder though it says its a text
> document. When I try and run it using
> http://127.0.0.1/test/info.php I get an Object not
> found error.
>
> Any suggestions.
March 20, 2013 08:40PM
Thanks Alex B

I reinstalled EasyPHP in its own folder and it works perfectly.
March 22, 2013 08:49AM
Pleasure!!
March 29, 2013 10:25PM
Plz help. I cn write my code ryt and save it but when tryng to run it, it ask"do you want to open or save" so i cnt run it on the internet explore
March 31, 2013 02:33PM
First off I would suggest using a real browser - grinning smiley sorry, I could not help myself!

IE is a horrible browser, rather download Firefox or Chrome.

But is you really need to use IE then follow these steps:
1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
2. Select the "Security" tab -> Click the "Custom Level" button
3. In the "Miscellaneous" section change “Display mixed content” to Enable.

78042968 Wrote:
> Plz help. I cn write my code ryt and save it but
> when tryng to run it, it ask"do you want to open
> or save" so i cnt run it on the internet explore

____________________________________________Nazi Coder____________________________________________

I'm not antisocial, I'm just not user friendly

"It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!" ~ some unknown Microsoft developer
April 02, 2013 01:06PM
It sounds like your PHP was not properly installed. are you running XAMPP or easyPHP?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login