Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TUT 101 clarification

Posted by Shado77968239 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
February 18, 2013 09:37PM
Hi

I'm setting out my file structure and database tables and was wondering if you could clarify something with regard to a paragraph on page 11 of the TUT 101 letter.

Please provide a SINGLE configuration page (includes/config.php) with your database and user information ... they must be included in a file include/functions.php. If you do make use of images, then put it in an images folder.

According to the letter as it stands there should be a file named "include" and another named "includes" - is this correct or just a typo?

____________________________________________Nazi Coder____________________________________________

I'm not antisocial, I'm just not user friendly

"It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!" ~ some unknown Microsoft developer
Re: TUT 101 clarification
February 19, 2013 05:03AM
@Shado77968239, it's not a typo. What it means is you should have a folder named includes and in this folder that's where you will have your include.php file as well as other files that are used as includes in your project. Am sure you will only need to work on this folder structure once you start working on your final project.
avatar Re: TUT 101 clarification
February 19, 2013 08:40AM
Thank you Collins!

____________________________________________Nazi Coder____________________________________________

"It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!" ~ some unknown Microsoft developer
February 19, 2013 10:09AM
just to add something if you use include to reference your config file
Language: PHP
include("../config.php"); // page will start and show html part even if connection fail but require require("../config.php"); // stop everything from being procces till connection made

gbakamela [77234715]
February 19, 2013 08:59PM
Thank you gcobani winking smiley

February 20, 2013 04:53PM
Hi Guys

Please can you help with a link to the TUT letter. I am waiting for my material to be delivered still. I fear that i am falling behind.
February 20, 2013 05:03PM
Mac
February 21, 2013 12:55PM
No posting of the link here sorry sad smiley

Email me rather.
February 22, 2013 10:36AM
Hi, ja I'm also still waiting for my study material... they sent an SMS saying the Post Office is on strike so my study material will be delayed.... ja...really this is bad.... but cool I'll wait...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login