Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Standard Layout

Posted by Russell-72258047 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
May 16, 2013 10:11AM
I just noticed, Microsoft Web expression creates a master.dwt file. This file is a layout file, so all you pages are created the same. Does anyone have an idea how this file links to the other web pages.
I also wish I'd known about it at the beginning. It would have saved about a thousand copying and pasting, LOL.
Mac
Re: Standard Layout
May 16, 2013 04:42PM
That editor is WYSIWIG - it is the same as using Word to create a page with text and images. My great great great grandmother can create a webpage with Word, and save it as HTML on a server. So you should not be using it. See this post http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?747,177883
May 16, 2013 07:58PM
Fixed vs Fluid
May 16, 2013 11:55PM
Not sure if this question fits in this thread, but the heading says "Standard Layout"spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Does it matter if you designed the layout of your website with either Absolute or Relative Positioning?

S
May 17, 2013 08:10AM
I also use notepad ++, but played around with Netbeans as well. Netbeans is more complex as it is an IDE, but the nice thing is that it will give you a list of attributes, methods etc. as you type. I find this very helpful as you find some interesting attributes (although maybe a bit more advanced than this course), but we want to learn, don't we?
Note that Netbeans cater for HTML5 and thus you do get some warnings and errors about obsolete attributes etc.
Mac
Re: Fixed vs Fluid
May 17, 2013 09:22AM
SK-77478452 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure if this question fits in this thread, but
> the heading says "Standard Layout"spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> Does it matter if you designed the layout of your
> website with either Absolute or Relative
> Positioning?
>
> S

Noope, your choice
May 20, 2013 06:54AM
I've used html notepad to design my site. I agree, Expression is not the nicest design software. Will check out Netbeans. The master.dwt file expression creates, prevents constant editing of the navigation menus and images on your consecutive pages, that file is like a stensil(hope I'm using the right word). Thought that was cool. I'm sure the other applications you mentioned support it as well.

Anyway, goodluck to all.
Regards
Russ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login