Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CSS: Lesson2: Topic G

Posted by gouwem-77858204 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
CSS: Lesson2: Topic G
March 22, 2013 01:41PM
Hi Guys

Please assist with the below

I have done activity 2-8 and I'm experiencing that only one name is changed the color. Please let me know where am I going wrong.

</tr>
<tr><td><span style="color: #066;">Tyler Kessel, Ph.D.<br>Physics</td>
<td>Ed Brodie, Ph.D.<br>Cosmology</td>
<td>Nathan Perkins, Ph.D.<span><br>Imaging</td>
<td>Rachel Vincent, M.D.</span><br>Medicine</td>
</tr>

The task says close the <span> element directly after Rachel Vincent, M.D.

There's no forward slash on the <span> above but I had added the forward slash but even without the forward slash on the <span> the changes doesn't affect all the names but Tyler's name only.

Thanks
M
Mac
Re: CSS: Lesson2: Topic G
March 22, 2013 03:01PM
There is an extra span after Nathan..
Browsers are getting more strict these days about what is allowed. Move it outside the table tags You should actually be using div in this case, but I just want to demonstrate how placement affects results)

Language: HTML
<span style="color: red;"> <table> </tr> <tr><td>Tyler Kessel, Ph.D.<br>Physics</td> <td>Ed Brodie, Ph.D.<br>Cosmology</td> <td>Nathan Perkins, Ph.D.<br>Imaging</td> <td>Rachel Vincent, M.D.<br>Medicine</td> </tr> </td></table></span>

If you want it just for a name, then add before and close after each name. Close your <span> tags as soon as you can after opening them.
March 25, 2013 08:08AM
Hi there,

I would also like assistance.

I am using php Designer as my source code compiler.
I have uploaded the necessary files onto the free web host but I find that every time I try update a page it turns out differently than with my compiler.
Why is this?

"i-Halla",
Mac
March 25, 2013 10:56AM
What you see on the web is what it is like. And that is what you must design for. You should not try or make use of a WYSIWIG tool to create pages for you.
April 05, 2013 04:19PM
Hi there,

Ok I chose NetBeans IDE 7.2 instead.

I want to use some "cool" stuff on my site.
Are 3rd party CSS libraries permitted?

Is the Visual Basics also considered as a WYSIWIG tool?

I understand that the site must be updated weekly, if it is not, are we penalized?

"i-Halla",
Mac
April 05, 2013 04:34PM
You can use 3rd party CSS libraries.
VB is a WYSIWIG tool
Not updated weekly - if you have a site on a free web server, then they delete the site if is not accessed on a regular basis. So visit it at least once every two weeks to prevent this.At least until middle June.
April 15, 2013 05:33PM
Thanks gouwem for your question. Mine did precisely the same.

The answer works a charm!! Thanks for the helpthumbs up
April 24, 2013 02:06PM
Hey Mac,

Thanks.

VB Out the window!
FireFox is the only browser that shows my form styles as incorrect, why is this?

And how many pages should our "fully functional" websites consist of?
I think I chose a topic that requires LOTS of pages.

"i-Halla",
avatar Re: CSS: Lesson2: Topic G
April 24, 2013 02:51PM
The tut letter says at least 8, and asks us to include an additional page containing all our forum posts... Mac also mentioned in another thread that we're allowed to add more than 8 pages if we want... You should probably read through to whole forum and read the tut letter thoroughly if you can find time to do so as it will answer a lot of unnecessary questions smiling smiley
Mac
April 24, 2013 04:52PM
> FireFox is the only browser that shows my form styles as incorrect, why is this?

Browsers.... sad smiley This is why web developers are required. It is possible to cater for all browsers, but the more complex the site, the more difficult it becomes. You need to Google for solutions, as there is not one simple solution. I am not directing you away from here, but it depends on your code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login