Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Text File

Posted by nonjabs-7802-755-1 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Text File
March 07, 2013 05:10PM
Hi

I'm a little confused when they say after posting a comment we must copy and paste on a text file. Must we like past in Microsoft word or is a text file created?? confused smiley
March 07, 2013 08:39PM
Hey,

According to the Tut Letter, you need keep a separate page as part of your website (portfolio) containing all your forum posts, so yeah you can keep it in Microsoft Word if you want, I just keep mine in notepad.

But obviously when you make your portfolio and you add in your forum posts, you are most likely going to stick it into whatever text editor (still notepad++ in my case) you use to create your html code in for your website.

So basically, just make sure it's all store so that when you're ready to display it, you have it freely available for yourself smiling smiley

Hope this is the right response smiling smiley And I hope it helps.
Mac
Re: Text File
March 08, 2013 07:34AM
Yes. You can copy and paste from a text file into a HTML file - if you copy from Word into a HTML file, depending on the editor, then lots of excess Microsoft code maybe added. Do not worry too much about this - copy wherever you want to.
March 11, 2013 09:06AM
Hi Guys

Can you please tell me does this mean any comments, questions and suggestions posted on the forum. Do I need to put the dates as well?
March 12, 2013 02:51PM
Thank you so much. I got itthumbs up. Yes everything u've posted be it questions or comments. not sure if dates are important
Mac
March 12, 2013 03:20PM
Yes, dates as well.
May 06, 2013 06:58PM
Is the format of our "Active Participation" page important at all? Because I have each post nicely posted in tables (one table per post) on my web page following the style of my page. It has the post number (in order of course), subject, time (including date) and the post. Would that count as a "numbered list that contains a copy of all your posts to the forum" as stated in the tut letter?
Mac
May 07, 2013 01:05PM
Yes, that is a numbered list. Of course the nicer you make it the better...!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login