Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Link to Text file

Posted by 49459635 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Link to Text file
October 28, 2012 03:55PM
Hi Mac

I'm busy uploading my portfolio and I've just thought about something I probably should have realized sooner, there's a requirement for a link to a text file on each page and since I'm generally a rather lazy person I added a link on my template that generates the text file of the current page for me (So I could stop worring about updating text files as I make changes or doing all my php pages over in text files now), problem being though, it does not generate the text for in the includes I've used. I have adapted it a little now so you will be able to generate the text document for any valid page on the site as long as you are logged in, will this be a problem or will the combination of the txt file generator and the zip file I submit be okay?

Thanks
Re: Link to Text file
October 28, 2012 05:45PM
Ok, well since I have some time available, I've also included a file browser which will list all files and directories and new txt file can be created and linked to from here. Made some minor adjustments, but it should work rather nicely.

I know this probably isn't a major issue in too many projects, but I have a rather large number of include files...
October 28, 2012 10:01PM
So apparently shared hosting doesn't allow the use of stored procs... I'm spending my night rewriting all my stored procs into SQL queries. Great fun!

This absolutely sucks from a security point of view, but I'll let it slide just this once since everything needs to be done by tomorrow.
Mac
October 29, 2012 07:39AM
You can do whatever you want.... as long as it works!
October 29, 2012 09:52AM
mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can do whatever you want.... as long as it
> works!

I was hoping you were going to say that smiling smiley I had some live environment issues but all seems sorted now, will zip up the live files and send it through today.

On a side note, thanks Mac, this was an awesome module. If all my modules were structured like this one, I'd be doing a lot more studying. Assistance was there but things were not spoon fed and we had the freedom to get the job done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login