Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

QUESTION re form sent on IE

Posted by RMcC-77729765 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
QUESTION re form sent on IE
October 13, 2012 08:05AM
First I apologise because I know that I have mentioned this before but I don't know which string I used. My form information sends correctly on all my browsers except IE. What happens in IE is the following:
1. my js alert message appears correctly but it is followed by :
2. another alert message that does not come from me appears stating the following: This form is being submitted using email. Submitting this form will reveal your email address to the recipient, and will send the form data without encrypting it for privacy. You may continue or cancel this submission.

Then on clicking submit, the email option opens (in my case Outlook) with my address filled in but no message. In other words the user would have to retype his or her entire message.

If this is standard in IE should I just type in a warning message for IE users so that they don't type their message twice.
Mac
Re: QUESTION re form sent on IE
October 17, 2012 08:45AM
Read this http://www.html-form-guide.com/email-form/html-email-form.html We do not mark this too strictly because of all the difficulties in getting it to work 100%. As long as you are aware.
Re: QUESTION re form sent on IE
October 18, 2012 08:39AM
Thank you Mac. That is useful. Perhaps I should just make a note to users re IE.
avatar Re: QUESTION re form sent on IE
October 20, 2012 03:10PM
Seems to be abit above my paygrade at the moment.
Seems like PhP is for the follow up course.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login