Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WARNING - read me!

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
WARNING - read me!
August 01, 2012 07:43AM
There are sites available that allows you to create a site by point and click method. You cannot use such sites as it is not your work. You also cannot use advanced frameworks to write your code for you (if you are not familiar with these, then don't worry). You need to submit code that you have written by hand, line by line. We cannot award you a certificate for work done by someone else. We have years experience of what is possible/plausible, therefore we pick up very quickly on such code.
Re: WARNING - read me!
September 07, 2012 01:25PM
Hi Mac

You need to submit code that you have written by hand, line by line:

will you simply pick up these codes under view- source on the website or must we submit all the codes together with url ?
Mac
September 07, 2012 04:51PM
Mmm, that is confusing. I will pick it up under view source code
September 10, 2012 01:47PM
This may have no value here, but for all the others doing the coarse, if you are looking at a webpage, you can press the "F12" key and it will bring up the websites code... It may assist with learning to view live examples smiling smiley
September 14, 2012 11:19AM
There is an article in the library called : The Dangers of Online DIY !
by STEVE PEARSON and FORD O'CONNELL

What they say amongst other things is that "The biggest danger of DIY is that
you will be forced to spend too much of your valuable time making tweaks rather than focusing on your content and overarching objectives."

They end up stating :
"Unfortunately, many DIY solutions don't play well with other applications (or require advanced knowledge to plug them together). If your services don't connect or require you to spend a lot of time manually updating the same thing in multiple places, you will end up with a system that becomes static and stale because it's too difficult to keep it up to date. The DIY route may be tempting, but you shouldn't pursue it without serious consideration. After all, your online brand is at stake. The good news is that the same innovations that make these tools so accessible to general users also make it simple for consultants and vendors to implement your online strategy. A carefully selected consultant can help you spend less time building your tools and more time generating the value that comes from effectively operating your network and expanding your online presence."

Hopefully some of those carefully selected consultants will come from our pool !!!
October 19, 2012 08:05PM
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login