Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CSS: Lesson 2: Topic E

Posted by antiother-77681541 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
July 10, 2012 10:47AM
the last rule in a style block taking presidence can be handy
Re: CSS: Lesson 2: Topic E
August 06, 2012 10:43AM
At this stage of the course I prefer linked style sheets as choice for my web pages .. maintaining and managing your CSS style sheets, as well as overall look-and-feel, is much easier.
August 13, 2012 09:18PM
I agree with CyberQueen. It is also a lot easier to keep track of everything
avatar Re: CSS: Lesson 2: Topic E
September 04, 2012 04:13PM
I can see why sometimes an embedded sheet is better than a linked one... but I also prefer the linked style sheet. It would have to be something quite important for me to change the formatting of one element on one page to be different from every other page.
Completed.
September 27, 2012 11:13AM
Now that I am setting up my portfolio I have found that, there is a place for all style methods, depending on the website demands. the linked default style sheet commands the whole while an imported style sheet is useful for a few pages that might want to keep the basic default styles but with a slightly different look. I find this so much easier than fiddling around with classes and ids. The embedded approach is also useful if there is only one page that needs a few changes. In fact for individual style changes of perhaps just one line or word that is unique to that page but will not re-occur, going back to HTML styling is also useful. I think this about what is the quickest and easiest way to achieve conformity without being stuck in it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login