Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Introcuction : Lesson 2 : Review

Posted by CL-77673190 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Introcuction : Lesson 2 : Review
July 10, 2012 08:46AM
2A
By attempting to understand how data is moved over the Internet, one can look at a old-fashioned fire brigade. Water weren’t blasted through a big fire hose,
it were passed on bucket after bucket by firefighters in a line, if one would drop out another would simply fill his/her place. Data is broken up into packets so
that it can be send through a variety of paths or lines, there for reaching its destination faster. Packets contain Internet protocols, typically TCP and IP, when
they are being send. TCP protocols contain information on how to assemble and disassemble packets and how they are verified as intact by the receiver.
IP protocols contain information on the packets destination. Routers direct packets to the bst possible path that would be the fastest.

2B
TCP protocols contain information on how to assemble and disassemble packets and how they are verified as intact by the receiver. IP protocols contain
information on the packets destination.

2C
An IP address consists of four numbers. In general, the first two numbers from the left identify the network the host resides on, and the remaining two numbers
identifies the host itself. There are three common classes for networks including:

Class A : Networks with many hosts
Class B : Networks with a medium number of hosts
Class C : Networks with a small numbe of hosts

Important Rules for Host Addressing
-Each host must be unique to the local network
-The host address numbers cannot all be 0
-The host address bits cannot all be 1s

2D
Hardware, software, addresses and/or network accounts
Re: Introcuction : Lesson 2 : Review
August 07, 2012 07:30PM
have now realised answers are at the back of the book.
I am taking much longer over these lessons than the recommended time because there are so many interesting websites suggested by other students. The extra info makes it more interesting but not sure it enables one to finish course in prescribed time.
Re: Introduction : Lesson 2 : Review
October 12, 2012 12:31PM
Well I am now at the end of the course and having had a few difficulties with the free hosting service we used for Assignment 1, I moved to a different host. This was a learning curve in itself as first I had to register a domain. Just because he host registers a domain does not necessarily mean that the domain is in fact available. A domain was registered to me under co.za but when trying to work with it I discovered that it was in fact registered to someone else. They then re-registered the same name under .net which was available and is working. I discovered that the command prompt can tell you if your domain is registered and ready for file uploads if you type in ping(space) + the www.address. It will give 4 timeout messages which alerts you that the domain is ready. I also learnt finally how to use Filezille for amazingly quick upload of files. For anyone else who is confused by this Filezille is a two step process - on the left the files are selected but they still have to be dragged across to the right. I couldn't understand why my files once they had been listed on the left were not reflecting on my website. The problem was that I had not completed step 2. The difference in speed was amazing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login