Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HTML: Lesson 3: Topic B

Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
HTML: Lesson 3: Topic B
July 09, 2012 02:59PM
Completed ..

Noted : advantage: viewers won't go away from your site is the basic reason. They can still return to it and it's still in a window. Disadvantage I would imagine it annoys many people to have someone else control their browser.
Re: HTML: Lesson 3: Topic B
July 27, 2012 10:55PM
Personally, I hate it if I am taken away from a website I was busy with. Within the same site it is cool, but if you leave for another site, I prefer another window.
I also think it will be a good idea to warn users that a new window will open
July 30, 2012 11:16AM
From a website perspective I would prefer users to keep my page open when going to other links so that they can easily return to me. From a user's perspective I find it annoying if I go to a link and then have to re-find my original starting point - that being said, sometimes links lead to other links which can become really annoying as in the case of the free web-hosting service that we need to use for assignment 1.
August 19, 2012 11:21AM
Remote linking completed.
avatar Re: HTML: Lesson 3: Topic B
August 20, 2012 12:03PM
Completed and understood.
October 15, 2012 11:02AM
Having published my portfolio just another word on this. I found that some websites can load quite slowly. It can really lose the flow of the primary website if they open in the same window. Also it is quite nice to be able to refer to each new website in its own space and it is an easy click to return to the primary one. I have just gone back to my files and placed the target _ blank tag into each of my outside link hrefs. I found it really annoying waiting for some of these to load.
October 20, 2012 09:03PM
Done
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login