Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marks feedback

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Marks feedback
November 30, 2012 10:48AM
The marks will be released today (I think). Biggest problem was changes in the required db structure (which were not allowed because I wanted to test some other skills). In such cases a 46 were awarded, for you to change back to the required db structure and resubmit. If this sounds harsh, it is not intended. As a programmer you may have to work to specifications, so take it as a lesson learned.

You can get feedback here
Anonymous User
Re: Marks feedback
December 02, 2012 10:30AM
I think the reason for some of us who did this is that the tut letter was not specific as to what was allowed and what were not, what was very specific were the table names given, stated we Must use them. The only evidence of
not changing the database structure on the tut letter stated we donot need to code, we can add it on a pdf...didn't state not allowed, which is a big difference, very harsh to be awarded 46 for this and wait til mid next year again especially if it worked
which is what we focused on mainly. I understand the marking frustration, would be better to wait longer to get results than re-submitting mid next year! The tutorial letter needs to be edited, it is crucial to state what is allowed and what not for students to get a better understanding
December 03, 2012 07:44AM
This is a super bummer ... where do we get our results? I saw the feedback section, not looking positive for me so far ...
Mac
December 03, 2012 08:51AM
The specifications is clear. This is the first time this has happened... why? I cannot recreate 1000 db's over all my courses, it will take weeks and weeks!
Anonymous User
December 03, 2012 09:17AM
I understand, I was one who added just one extra field on the student table and used a join, this worked for me, It can't really be that many who changed the db structure out of many students, so far it is me and Brendon I assume
and whoever else has changed it should state it here, Well I am awaiting my results.
December 03, 2012 09:53AM
Mac, is it possible to please release some stats on the course? (Highest/lowest mark, % submitted etc.)
Mac
December 03, 2012 10:56AM
In this course maybe, but I have 1000 PHP students across many modules..... I will never get through marking if I allow changes. It sounds simple, but it is not. As it stands I had already had to request extension of marks submitted.

It is good what you did, but I cannot allow specifications to be changed. So please fix and resubmit. I will consider updating the marks early in the year as opposed to end of the semester. It requires a series of signatures.

Just noticed another student also have to resubmit because of a change in the db structure. Where the db structure is different, I generally mark the code only without viewing the app, then send in a corrected mark.....
Mac
December 03, 2012 11:06AM
70859159 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mac, is it possible to please release some stats
> on the course? (Highest/lowest mark, % submitted
> etc.)

The stats is skewed because a lot of people did not hand in, and the system includes those. High 70's to one or two low marks - unfinished. Biggest issue is that a lot of people did not add the extra documents, which counts a lot!
December 03, 2012 11:29AM
No worries, thanks Mac.
Mac
December 03, 2012 11:42AM
Euwen-72934603 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand, I was one who added just one extra
> field on the student table and used a join, this
> worked for me, It can't really be that many who
> changed the db structure out of many students, so
> far it is me and Brendon I assume
> and whoever else has changed it should state it
> here, Well I am awaiting my results.

Let me just be clear about this since it appears I am not clear.... There is a difference between a complete change in the db structure and small changes (even though it is not allowed). Where people for example misspelled a column name (within the correct db structure) I can manage, because it only requires a small change and it is an error I take into consideration. It may also be possible to edit out a single extra field in the code and still run much of the code when a single column has been added. That is different to providing your own schema.

So I had a look again. You may be jumping the bandwagon here. Did you check your marks.
December 03, 2012 12:34PM
Where do we check out marks mac?
Anonymous User
December 03, 2012 12:55PM
I am Mac I aplologise, reading the feedback I got really worried, we all worked extremely hard at this and to wait for a mark/certificate mid next year is a long time as we hoping to
go into the new year with new oppurtunity, new challenges, so I misunderstood the feedback I recieved.
Mac
December 03, 2012 01:11PM
It should be available on myUnisa, but you should also have received a SMS. I cannot vouch for the latter though as they change procedures all the time.
December 03, 2012 02:10PM
Aw I'm so happy with my result! smiling smiley Thanks everyone
December 03, 2012 02:13PM
HI Mac. The issues listed (the link you provided to check out our feedback) is that all the issues/errors which were found? I am referring to my assignments feedback.
Mac
December 03, 2012 02:38PM
No, unfortunately not. Strictly speaking, it is an exam and we do not provide feedback, but I decided to provide some insight into the major problems found. As said, the extra stuff counted 50%,and few students put some effort into this. two or three suggestions is not going to attract a lot of marks, so you will know what you submitted and work out that you probably achieved most of your marks from your app and its code.
December 03, 2012 05:07PM
Hi Mac, Do we need to Register for Re-sibmitting the project? i know we gonna pay a supplimentary fee...
December 03, 2012 05:32PM
So my app was that good. . . lol! Jokes. Thanks Mac.
Mac
December 04, 2012 07:55AM
No reregistering required
December 06, 2012 07:44PM
I got the email which said I didn't submit my portfolio, I have sent the copy to you with the proof that I did submit my portfolio. Please check it and let me know what happened.
December 11, 2012 03:30PM
Hi Mac, I also recevied an email that says I didn't submit my portfolio but I did and I can prove it. so what can i do now?
Mac
December 12, 2012 09:21AM
As answered by email
December 23, 2012 01:53PM
Hi Mac

Any indication as to when we will recieve the cerrtificate/documentation for completing the course?
January 08, 2013 10:07AM
Hey Mac,

Stoked with the course and my results so much so i will be doing another short course here smiling smiley Any word on the certifications? Also I got a Malware notification from chrome just browsing to this site ... Weird?

Anyways hope you are all well ... All the best and happy new year!
January 10, 2013 04:25PM
Hi, Mac
If I got a mark of 46% it means I can resubmit? And I suppose reregister. How do I register without paying the full amount again, or do I have to? I have been unable to find this info on Unisa website.
Thanks
jenny
February 01, 2013 02:51PM
Hi, Do we receive a certificate/letter? anything at all for this course? as im still waiting for any post?
February 02, 2013 12:42PM
I've asked the question as well. . .
Mac
March 06, 2013 02:04PM
Not monitoring this forum anymore.
46% means you resubmit.
Certificates will be posted when they are printed. Takes a while I understand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login