Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PHP Thirteen - Manipulate a MySQL Database

Posted by 77695976gillon 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
PHP Thirteen - Manipulate a MySQL Database
July 14, 2012 11:14AM
Hi All

I am busy working through PHP13, in the magic quotes you are told to change the php.ini file. In order to do this I need to change folder permissions, which worked perfectly for the magic quotes section but I seem to have messed up my mysql in xampp and cannot connect to phpmyadmin or any database.

I get the following error in php my admin:

Error
SQL query:

SHOW PLUGINS

MySQL said:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '/var/folders/hm/3d7gnn4n2gs5c1sw6vll7vyc0000gn/T/#sql173_1_2.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

Does any body have a solution?
Re: PHP Thirteen - Manipulate a MySQL Database
July 14, 2012 11:28AM
Solution found here

http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=155970

the my.cnf cannot be set to 777, change to 600 and all resolved. So glad I do not have to re-install xampp smiling smiley

I love google, how did the world manage without it
July 14, 2012 11:56AM
If you need to find the database folder on OSX for xampp it is here

xamppfiles/var/mysql
avatar Re: PHP Thirteen - Manipulate a MySQL Database
August 24, 2012 05:15PM
Completed! after much trouble with easyPHP's mysql.

Just a tip to everyone, if you had previous versions of EasyPHP installed on your computer (on windows, not sure if its the same for Mac), make sure you delete the folders of the older versions in your "C:\program files" folder. If you dont it'll make multiple instances of phpMyAdmin, which eventually confused my computer. . .smiling bouncing smiley.

Posted this my issue @ http://stackoverflow.com last night. quite a useful forum! (didnt really get the answer from there but got guided in the right direction.
Anonymous User
September 02, 2012 07:38PM
Done, onto the Portfolio, going to take my time as there are still plenty weeks left til the submission date..Good Luck smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login