Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Confirmation of Portfolio

Posted by melissa1 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Confirmation of Portfolio
May 21, 2012 12:07PM
Hi
I do understand that you will not send us confirmations that you have received our emails. Is it possible to put up a list of student numbers of all portfolios received. Thank you. Stressing!!!!
Re: Confirmation of Portfolio
May 22, 2012 01:29AM
That would be nice (to get confirmation that they received the Portfolio).

Only thing that is showing on myUnisa is "Absent from Examination" and I followed the instructions in Tutorial letters to ignore all letters from unisa about exams.

So now I am also stressing but I will just have to wait and see.confused smiley
Mac
May 22, 2012 06:39AM
Please give me time - I have 1000 students. In addition, if you keep record of your submission , why stress? In addition, if the tut says ignore all communication from Unisa, why don't you?
May 22, 2012 11:03AM
Guy's, don't stress about confirmations and so forth. I think Dr Mac is, and proved to be, very accomodating. If you look at the assignment 1 issues where people did not "submit" their assignments, Dr Mac still marked those that could prove they sent it through. Just keep your confirmation and you'll be sorted. thumbs up smiley

We are 3rd year students, so lets act like it......smoking smiley
Mac
May 22, 2012 02:23PM
Aaahhhh - I could not agree with you more Vijen thumbs up Next semester students will sign a form confirming that they have read a list containing procedures, that they will read the forum and the announcements, and that failure to do so will result in a zero. It is good that students take ownership of their studies (it is wonderful!) and want to be put at ease.... but when it concerns stated procedures, then it gets very tedious to manage it from my side.And simply because they do not read sad smiley

The Unisa systems does not cater for portfolios (as stated) therefore procedures have to be put into place. This makes it very difficult for me - if I have to acknowledge 1000 portfolios across 4 modules, I will not have time to cut my toenails. It is easier to confirm with a few students (after marking) that they have not submitted a portfolio (or it has not been received) than to manage it otherwise.

Sometimes I just feel like returning to exams sad smiley Bu then I get an email from a student telling me how he has learned and that they are applying it in their work environment, and I feel a little bit better smiling smiley
May 22, 2012 11:52PM
I love portfolios, as it gives me a chance to practice what I have learnt and if I don't understand do research about it on the Internet or other books.
Where just reading and practicing code from a book is help full, it does not truly test your understanding of the work you will soon do and does not develop you.

The two questions that I love in this Portfolio was Oop4 and Oop5 had spend about 7 days trying to passel them out unfortunately time was not on my side to complete Oop5 but still a good learning experience for me. It truly tested my mind and was the first time I worked with a SQ database on the web.

Dr Mac we all do understand your points and your instructions in the tutorial letters as well as the difficulty in giving confirmation about who has submitted portfolios. It is just that time of year that we all stress if we have done enough to get good marks or should we have done more.

Thanks for a great course Dr Mac and good luck to all.

thumbs upthumbs up smileythumbs up
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.