Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unable to show all server variables?

Posted by 36883980 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
unable to show all server variables?
March 26, 2012 10:48AM
Hi

i am getting undefined variables on displaying on 4 server variables which i find that as odd???
These are the ones i'm not getting to display....
AUTH_TYPE, PHP_AUTH_PW, PHP_AUTH_USER, PATH_TRANSLATED

Would it be the settings on my computer?
All the other server variables show so this one has me stumped.
Mac
Re: unable to show all server variables?
March 26, 2012 12:51PM
Do a bit of research.....
April 17, 2012 09:18PM
Am also confused on this one. Sir plse explain what exactly is expected for this one.
Mac
April 18, 2012 05:17PM
Do a bit of research. A simple search of the forum may just provide you with answers. I do not feed smiling smiley
avatar Re: unable to show all server variables?
April 24, 2012 05:15PM
The 'AUTH' server variables will only exist if you are doing user authentication, hence the undefined variable error.
As far as I understand you only have to copy the descriptions for each variable and display them on the page.
(Please correct me if I am wrong grinning smiley)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 09, 2012 04:49PM
Did anyone get this right?
Mac
May 10, 2012 07:23AM
Amazed that this is the first post on this......which seems to suggest some may have understood this wrong.

It must print the server variables e.g. it must print out the DOCUMENT_ROOT e.g. /var/www/html

A lot is just copying and it will print the output (they do not count a lot).... but a few is not that simple, e.g. AUTH. For some you may need to do some extra coding, and some won't work because of servers configurations. Then you simply say so.

Point is, it is about learning PHP (e.g. you know now when AUTH will work/not work). Of course it requires some time and effort, but do you want to learn or what?
May 10, 2012 02:59PM
Thank u, Sir. I wish other modules had a lecturer like u - on the myUnisa forums u have to wait days before u get an answer from the lecture sad smiley
Mac
May 10, 2012 03:05PM
No need to thank me smiling smiley All I ask is that students read the tut letter, announcements, the forum, and follow the rules as described in the tut letter. I am aware that at times I may appear harsh here, but if people do not follow the rules then it gets VERY tedious. You will too if you get question upon question that is clearly stated elsewhere.

Play by the rules including doing your own work) and you will find me more than helpful smiling smiley
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.