Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Results

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Results
June 18, 2012 03:16PM
Results have not been released yet - only captured.

When you do receive it, a 46 means you have to fix what is not working. In most cases, you are well aware of what the problem is. For example, it must be working online. It must update, delete, edit etc.

Students with code too similar (I trust my intuition at times - and why not? I have 13 years experience with PHP and know what you can do or not do). You will shortly receive a special tut letter requesting you to code a new application and re-submit 2nd semester. There is no mention of group work in the tut letter, but if you want I can divide the results by the number of students who participated? In some instances, it means you end up with minus 2000 percent. There are some students who may have slipped through the net. I am still working through these submissions, and therefore the results are provisional.

There is a new submission procedure in place for the 2nd semester which will make it much easier for me to to compare code. I am at the end of my tether with plagiarism. Granted, knowing how to "change" code so that it works for you is part of programming - programmers do make use of snippets of code. But there is a parallel between stealing complete code (yes THAT one site) or getting it from past students and spending your time disguising your effort, your focus not to learn but just to pass. Just changing one or two variables (it can be done with a search-and-replace app) is not learning. It is piggy-backing. What is the difference between a entering a shirt and entering a cd when the code, except for a few variables, are exactly the same? I know when you have put effort in and when you have merely contacted a person to use their code.

Thank you to those students who embrace what is offered.

To the ones that received supps and zero, see the forum on myUnisa for some feedback.
Re: Results
June 20, 2012 04:02PM
Hi Mac
Do you know when the results will be released?
Don't mean to pressure you, just anxious...
Thanks
Mac
June 21, 2012 04:22PM
I have signed my part off today, two more sign-offs so I expect Monday.
June 21, 2012 04:37PM
Thanks
thumbs up
June 26, 2012 02:57PM
My results slip is saying absent from examination. What does it mean because l submitted everything required?
June 30, 2012 09:20AM
Mine also shows absent from examination, what must i do?
July 02, 2012 09:22AM
why absent from examination? I have submitted the portfolio.
Mac
July 03, 2012 12:08PM
Why do you KEEP posting here when we have had email conversations about this?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.