Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with regsitration page

Posted by AlettaHerselman 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Need help with regsitration page
May 07, 2012 01:11PM
I am stuck. Please could somebody help me, my code doesn't want to work. It opens the Registration page but doesn't correspond with the database. My database code is correct. I think there might be something wrong with my if statement but cannot find the mistake.

... removed....
Mac
Re: Need help with regsitration page
May 07, 2012 04:12PM
M.A.K.E. u.s.e. o.f. t.h.e. f.o.r.m.a.t.t.e.d. c.o.d.e. button to post code as described in the tut letter! Also, do not post complete sections of code.

Saying your code does not correspond with the db implies the db is incorrect. Also, it is a vague statement and you do not precisely what error you are getting.
May 07, 2012 04:27PM
I am not getting an error message. If I type in my user name and password it runs and then at the bottom of the screen it will show done but it will stay on the registration page.
Mac
May 07, 2012 04:35PM
That may point at a typing error, which causes the code to stop running. It can be difficult to resolve, because generally Apache return an error message. Remove sections of code until it works, then add small sections again
May 08, 2012 12:12PM
Another cool tip posted by Mac, and it might also help here, is adding echo statements to just about every second line of your code.

This will help you see to where your code has progressed and where it didnt get to.

I used this method quite a lot with my protfolios smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.