Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plagiarism

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Plagiarism
February 06, 2012 01:06PM
While you are encouraged to use the Internet to help you learn PHP, you cannot simply copy and paste full pages of code (i.e. from db connection to manipulation to feedback messages) and present it as yours. Yes, it is difficult to know what constitutes plagiarism, but when a student submits code that includes advanced functions as if they coded it, even with original comments from the originator included, then it becomes very obvious. I can immediately pick up when you have coded something that you could not have mastered in three months. And then this code gets distributed between fellow students, who simply change a few variable names and present it as if they coded it.

The portfolio is the same this semester as it was last semester. It cannot be otherwise because the essential skills you need to learn cannot be changed. That is why you have to code your own application, which implies every portfolio should have differences, other than just the variable names. Now go on and "borrow" code from your friends and present is as your own.
Re: Plagiarism
February 10, 2012 10:24AM
I am new in these PHP environment & wana do all my best @ it,doing this part time is hard but and every help is needed
May 04, 2012 02:21PM
good day sir

I'm experiencing problem when I'm trying to access phpmyadmin on a freewebhosting area it shows an proxy box which require a user name and password for security reasons but when I'm putting in my user name and password I'm given when i creating my account doesn't wanna go through. your help will be highly appreciated

thanks
Mac
May 04, 2012 04:05PM
My good friend, what does this have to do with the topic of plagiarism?

User names and passwords are provide at various stages on your journey through FWHA. Each hosting service has different ways in which they communicate this. Reading these communications from the service provider is a hidden part of the portfolio, and something you have to master in order to pass. It cannot be otherwise, else can just provide you with all the steps required. What learning will then take place?

The fact that you have posted this question in a totally unrelated topic suggests that you do not read with attention. So start over, and take notice of the information FWHA returns.

Tough approach, I know. But I am an educator and not a feeder. It will stand you good in years to come.
May 07, 2012 12:22AM
Morning Sir
May 07, 2012 12:33AM
Morning Sir

I do not know if you received my previous email, my question is that do we still use the same email address we used last year? thus @#$%&.
Secondly, I am asking for the due dateconfirmation for our next due portfolio. I am supplimenting student.

May you kindly reply to this email, because previously I did not get any feed back.
May 07, 2012 12:37AM
hi Mac

Any student who has a clue as to when the portfolio is due?......
do we still use last years emmail address?
Mac
May 07, 2012 06:33AM
The due data is posted on this forum, and the address is on myUnisa, athe same for supp students
May 07, 2012 11:50AM
Good day.

Its not an easy project its very challenging for a first timer in php and I can only do my best, coz i dont wanna find myself repeating the same thing over and over again.
No copy and paste for me.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.