Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there anybody out there?

Posted by Reanie 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Is there anybody out there?
June 04, 2012 08:10AM
It seems like myUnisa has won the post-grad crowd - they don't even know about Osprey (although it's mentioned in the tutorials). :-(
And nothing's going on here - despite some people complaining about the subject codes being incorrect.
Re: Is there anybody out there?
June 19, 2012 07:13PM
Hi Reanie....

How are you doing friend? Are you doing INF4820 this year?

I also don't check the module here much because some modules have very little conversations....which modules are you doing this year?

Niri
avatar Re: Is there anybody out there?
June 19, 2012 10:58PM
@Niri, doing INF4820 and HPCOS81.
Taking it slow - just to get into the "mood" of studying again.
June 20, 2012 10:13AM
That great, 2 modules will give you time to focus....we must keep in touch for INF4820 during the year...
February 13, 2013 01:43PM
@Reanie: I'm doing INF4820 and HPCOS81 this year, as well as INF4825. That is, I will be as soon as Unisa decides to register me! angry smiley

Seeing that you completed this last year (I assume!) I might just ask you for some tips sometimes...... if that's o.k?
February 14, 2013 12:30PM
You are welcome to ask. There's a few of us who've completed (well, we hope so) the subject.
My email address is listed under my login name.
February 14, 2013 05:06PM
@Reanie: Thanks, I'll do that.
February 26, 2013 12:55PM
Hi Guys,

I am also registered for INF4820, INF4825,COS4807 and HPCOS81. Any advice and helpful material you guys wouldn't mind sharing would be awesome.

Niri has already been kind enough to share some of her knowledge with me, appreciate it!
February 27, 2013 01:24AM
I've just received my exam results back - passed! thumbs up smiley My first Hons exam passed - wow!
@vithashareddy: You are also welcome to contact me.
February 28, 2013 01:50PM
@Reanie: Congrats! thumbs up smileys with beer
March 07, 2013 11:43AM
I'm totally shocked at my final results, 63%. i honestly thought I was going to get at least 75% as my final mark. I had 85% year mark and wrote the exact same essays in the exam. Going on that it stands to reason that I would have gained a similar mark for the exams. But hey, its another subject passed.
March 08, 2013 11:22AM
Congrats Reanie and mm07 hot smiley
March 15, 2013 01:27PM
I am interested in registering for the course below and would appreciate assistance frompeople who have done & possibly passed them. I have come to that the two of you have done these modules and might be of assistance to me. I have only read a short passage of introduction about these modules.

@ Niri: Can you offer any advice on COS4840
@Reanie: Can you offer any advice on INF4820

Looking forward to your responses.
March 19, 2013 10:24PM
@HMoatshe: The whole focus of the module is to evaluate how users with different disabilities or limitations (like being in a rural or disadvantaged area) can overcome technical limitations. I enjoyed it for the simple reason that it made me aware of the difficulties that other users need to overcome to have the same technical access I take for granted. Some students found it depressing. I kept thinking of how I can improve on the work that I am currently doing, or plan to do, to make it the application/website user friendly and usable. It just created a new awareness.

For all Hons-level modules: Everyone says there's a lot of reading - believe them! There's a lot of reading. For many of the modules, you are not supplied with a list of articles to use, you need to go and find and download them yourself. When you have your possible candidates, you need to scan through them to identify if there is anything useful that you could maybe reference. Once you've narrowed down your shortlist, you start working on your assignment answer and try to incorporate as many article references as possible. BUT, you can't just copy-paste - you need to rewrite everything in your own words. This whole process is very time consuming, but not necessary "difficult". For that reason, you cannot start with an assignment in the week it is due - you need at least 2 weeks because of all the pre-work you need to do, and the rewriting.
November 22, 2013 11:00AM
Hi there,

I just noticed on the provisional timetable for 2014 that both INF4820 and INF4825 are being written in May of 2014.
I thought that honors modules were year modules?

Can anyone please shed light on this?

Thanks a mill
Russel
April 04, 2018 11:31AM
Hi guys.

Anyone who is registered for INF4820 in 2018 please

Please let's create a whatsapp group or if there is one available, please add me 074 894 6764.

Thank you.
April 05, 2018 02:05PM
Yep....am around Durban my number is 0834604206.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login