Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

anyone doing this subject in 2012?

Posted by jxharding 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
January 30, 2012 08:54AM
Re: anyone doing this subject in 2012?
January 31, 2012 08:45PM
Is this subject still being offered at UNISA? What is the module code?
Mac
February 01, 2012 04:09PM
Mmm.... another error received by me with an attempted post of jxharding:

---------------
Error message:
--------------

Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (1267): SELECT message_id
FROM phorum_messages
WHERE forum_id = 612 AND
author ='jxharding' AND
subject ='Re: anyone doing this subject in 2012?' AND
body ='this is what I know\r\nCourse Code CSJA1DP\r\nand some more info to generate some interest\r\nQualification Code 70602\r\nPurpose To equip student with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to design and implement Java computer programs for small to medium size applications. First year university courses typically teach introductory programming principles, whereas this course assumes that learners have already mastered these skills. Second Year University courses typically focus on different data structures, and sorting and searching techniques, and include a significant amount of theory. In this course the focus is on the practical programming experience.\r\n\r\nSyllabus/ Course Content \r\n1. Structured programming in Java:\r\n• Basic input and output\r\n• Control structures\r\n• Arrays and strings\r\n2. Object oriented programming:\r\n• Basic input and output\r\n• Control structures\r\n• Arrays and strings\r\n3. App!
lications in Java:\r\n• Stand-alone applications (programs)\r\n• Applets for the Internet\r\n• Graphical User Interfaces\r\n\r\n\r\nCourse Fees R3800' AND
datestamp > 1328101378

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try pasting into notepad first. It seems this editor is sensitive and accepts hidden mark-ups, hence the error. Else I just need to replace my real email address with a dummy address and leave you be smiling smiley
February 02, 2012 09:28AM
this is what I know
Course Code CSJA1DP
and some more info to generate some interest
Qualification Code 70602
Purpose To equip student with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to design and implement Java computer programs for small to medium size applications. First year university courses typically teach introductory programming principles, whereas this course assumes that learners have already mastered these skills. Second Year University courses typically focus on different data structures, and sorting and searching techniques, and include a significant amount of theory. In this course the focus is on the practical programming experience.

Syllabus/ Course Content
1. Structured programming in Java:
• Basic input and output
• Control structures
• Arrays and strings
2. Object oriented programming:
• Basic input and output
• Control structures
• Arrays and strings
3. Applications in Java:
• Stand-alone applications (programs)
• Applets for the Internet
• Graphical User Interfaces

Course Fees R3800
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login