Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[ASSIGNMENT] Student details edit page

Posted by mm77509382 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar [ASSIGNMENT] Student details edit page
May 05, 2012 10:58AM
I have currently set up my code to edit student details using basically the same form as the student registration (since all the fields are the same).

Is it okay to direct the user from student_man.php to student_reg.php to edit student details or do I need to do something else, for example:
- include the student details form from a seperate php file on both student_man and student_reg (which would seemingly require large chunks of variable repetition)
- generate the form from an external function on both pages
?

Thanks
Re: [ASSIGNMENT] Student details edit page
May 06, 2012 05:50PM
When clicking edit in student a form must come up with that particular students details, is then that you can edit. Thats the way I did it.
Re: [ASSIGNMENT] Student details edit page
May 07, 2012 08:31AM
They way I did it is I'm creating my form on the student_reg.php and student_man.php page with a function I call.
Thus I don't have to duplicate code.

Within the function I determine if the action was registration or to edit which influences some small differences in the form.
avatar Re: [ASSIGNMENT] Student details edit page
May 07, 2012 10:09AM
Yes, I think I'll have to do that too.
Currently I have set edit up as an action option on the register page, but I will have to go ahead and bring it in with a function.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.