Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prac

Posted by 72150238 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Prac
April 11, 2012 05:17PM
Hi Mac I need some clarity. I've been busy with some work projects, finally I have time to concentrate fully on my prac. My question is: this system should be done from an administrator's point of view, by that I mean an employee who will register students an assign them from the courses, students they don't have to go on line and register themselves? The reason I'm asking this I was struggling in making the right decision in terms of making a registration page for this administrator or not. what I have done currently I assumed that this person is already registered as access is exclusive to employees of the company. The only person that would need to register is the student.

Xola Pono

Email: xolapono@gmail.com
April 11, 2012 08:36PM
To my own best knowledge, You should make 2 pages accessible to the users (be it student, parent, guardian, anonymous users) which are (1)index.php and (2)student_reg.php... Create an authentication process(login) for the admin on the (1)index.php page to access (2)Course_man.php, (3)Student_man.php and (4)list.php.
Users: 2 pages accessible
Admin: 4 pages accessible
I hope you get the gist... Cheers!
Mac
Re: Prac
April 12, 2012 08:07AM
Forget about a student wanting to register. Strictly speaking, the student reg page can be made available to a student as is. It all depends where it fits and you place it in your workflow model.
April 19, 2012 05:14PM
Hi Mac

Another question. Are we allowed to use frameworks e.g. ZEND?
Mac
April 19, 2012 06:13PM
If you know how to use Zend, I'll pass you now. That said, comment the generated code for me in Afrikaans/English/Zulu/Xhosa/Pedi...... just to make sure you understand it all. Small steps, because sooner or later Zend will not be able to code your logic.

Trust me. Do it yourself. The time spent to learn frameworks is better spent earning the basics. Sooner or later you will be caught out.
April 20, 2012 11:54AM
Thanks Mac, I have started learning it. I will see how far I will go with it this weekend. I wont miss the deadline don't worry.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.